Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
So I've been having a dilemma with my cat's litter and pooping situation recently. So my KitCat LOVES to poop A LOT! He's an indoor/outdoor cat, and he tends to eat quite a bit. Half a can of wet food at 7am, a little bit of kibble at 2pm, the other half of wet food at 7pm, and then a small amount of kibble at around 12am. He's not oversized, he's around 10lbs, and his weight slightly fluctuates, not often. But this kitty has always been a big pooper. He'll poop huge stools at least several times in a day, and then on top of that will pee many other times throughout the day, and the entire room will stink so bad. If I clean it out in the morning, the box is full of poop again by the evening. The litter box I have is a sieving onem with two trays to transfer the litter from one to the other. And I use Arm and Hammer heavy clumping litter. The litter I use makes KitCat's poop and urine get stuck to the bottom of the trays, making it so hard to take out, and frankly quite gross. The only solution I can think of for now is a litter box that is enclosed, and litter that is less clumping, but if I were to get litter that isn't as clumping, taking out all his huge poops would be difficult. This is such an annoying shituation... I just need some ideas on what kind of litter box I should get, and whether another litter would be better for me, or if I should stick to clay clumping litter. I've heard that crystal litter is good, but I'm not sure if it's good for my case because from what I've heard, it's non-clumping.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have tried many different kinds of litter and boxes. The type that is best always depends on the cat. I think if your cat will use an enclosed box with a top opening, that may cut down on the smell. Also, I personally use the Arm And Hammer odor control clumping litter with low dust. The other thing I recommend in this case is to use a large and deep litter box. If you cannot find an enclosed one that is deep, buy a nice large and deep storage bin, and use that. Your cat will have no trouble jumping into it. I use that myself, and the advantage is you can put a LOT of litter in the box, making the litter very deep. Not all cats like that but mine have always liked it a lot. Since yours is producing a lot of waste, the more space and litter the better, it seems to me.
A plastic storage bin is a lot cheaper than a fancy litter box and if it doesn't work it's no great loss. The one I use is 2 feet long, one foot high and 16" wide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think of getting a regular storage bin, that's quite useful. Thank you for that. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts