Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was wondering which meat is high and which meat is low in calories to help a cat lose or gain weight. I am just starting my cat on a raw diet and would like to know if any meat/organs have more/less fat or benefits etc than others.

The meat I am thinking about or currently using are:

Beef
Veal
Lamb/mutton
Alpaca
Goat
Rabbit
Hare
Possum
Chicken
Turkey
Sardines
Pork
Venison
Wallaby

Any info or opinions on the meat I have currently listed or any other suggestions would be welcomed also.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Chicken (no skin) white meat of breast have less calories than chicken legs and thighs that are dark meat and are leaner in calories than beef; Turkey (white meat on breast),dark meat onlegs and thighs have more fat than the white meat of the breast. Pork and Lamb (especially Mutton) have more fat in them, than lean Beef. Most Game meats are leaner than Beef--Venison, Bison, Rabbit/Hare, Goat. Other birds, such as Quail are leaner. Veal is leaner, but may be lacking in iron.

There may be other meats as well....I don't know about Wallaby, Possum, Alpaca or Sardines.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Also, Grass-fed Beef is much leaner than grain-fed beef, by one third to three times to conventional grain-fed beef.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts