Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, although this "snowstorm" is turning out to be pretty wimpy so far (we were projected 18-24" when I went to bed last night, and downgraded to 12-20" when I woke up today :( ), I decided to get out some movies, make cocoa, curl up with the cat, and at least pretend I was snowed in.

My luck...I turned on Turner Classic Movies, and found "Mourning Becomes Electra," followed by "Citizen Kane," followed by "Gaslight." I win! (the cat, oddly, was not fond of "Citizen Kane," but is curently enjoying "Gaslight" on my lap...she is a big Ingrid Bergman fan :wink: )

Now all we need is a couple more feet of snow and it'll have been a great day.

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Sounds like a good time :D My aunt has tried to get me to watch both "Citizen Kane" and "Gaslight", along with a bunch of other "greatest movies of all time", but I just haven't gotten around to it yet :oops:

Luckily for me, the university-that-never-closes actually cancelled all classes today 8O I guess they got more snow up there than we did down here. But, in true anal-retentive form, I've been cleaning and doing homework and generally being productive :roll:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
That sounds great!

I spent this morning trapped inside my car because the doors had frozen shut on my way to work.

Well, it was only 25 minutes total time in my car.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Love those type of days once in awhile Gudewife. I for one could sure use more of them....

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sounds great! Us on Long Island got nothing but rain and rawness... blah!

To me, the cold is pointless unless there is snow, and a lot of it! (until, of course, I have to drive it it...)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AFAIC, less than two feet of snow isn't even worth getting out of bed for. :lol: What a disappointment. :evil: It is, however, very wet and heavy snow, so I'm anticipating a lot of calls for lines down tonight

I am about movied out, though, and it's getting time to put the roast in the oven for dinner (roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, good for a snowy day). Now if I can just extract myself from underneath the cat, I'll start on dinner....

·
Registered
505 Posts
we need snow. we had like a foot of snow last month, but not there's none and they're thinking there's going to be a drought this summer if we don't get more snow soon.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it looks like I'm offline for a while, as we finally lost power, and my ancient laptop battery has very limited life...so I'll take my leave, as there's a pudding I need to make that requires getting the oven cranked up to 450. Got the hand-crank radio going and a warm cat, though. :wink:

With any luck, I'll be back in a day or two. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts