Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not an expert in the finer details of cat body language, but i wonder if anyone can help me read my two new kittens...

They are brothers and 9 weeks old. When they get going, they just charge around the flat chasing each other, running at each other, making purry-mewing noise as they run, arching thier backs at each other, little tails fluffed up and arched. Their tails furiously swishing about at each other! Are they really just playing? What are they doing? I'm guessing practice for warding off other cats / fighting techniques and hunting techniques? They are just CRAZY!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Awww, they love each other. :luv

Yep, they're really just playing. My girls are 3 and half now and they still do this, just not as often.

I read in a book once that if your wondering whether your cats are fighting or just playing... listen. If they're yowling like someone is being murdered, they're fighting. Otherwise they're playing. :)

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
My twins just turned two, and they still do this. Several times a day.

Oh, dear. Did you want to hear that they keep doing it for maybe years? 8O

I love it when they get going like that! :D

Here are my twin terrors mid-chase:

And pictures of yours???

·
Registered
992 Posts
My little white terrors play just like this, and they'll pounce on each other and literally roll over and over on the floor fighting as well. (play-fighting!) I can always tell where it happened because I'll find about a three foot square area full of tufts of hair. They never hurt each other, although it can look like they are when they latch onto each other's throats. I will let them go as long as they want to unless I hear a whimper or some other sound of pain on the rare occasion that one bites down too hard.

Do your boys crash into furniture, walls and windows while they're playing? I've had some great laughs watching my two tear through the living room and dining room, then hit the hardwood in the kitchen going so fast they can't stop and crash into the wall or patio door. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts