Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone here has a love for kitties, but what other pets do you own? I currently have 13 pets and 3 foster kittens. I have:

A 10 year old Boston/pug mix (my best friend in the world)

2 chinchillas - Yuki and Momo

A little white mouse that I adopted from the humane society (he was there for 7 months, so I took him in)

A Syrian hamster named Ursa

Four rats - Colby, Jack, Romano and Finn

Three guinea pigs - Chi, Kara, and Abby

A short tailed opossum named Blossom

And of course, my 3 foster kittens

Now share your other pets!! I'd love to see pictures! :)

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
FUNNY MowMow!! Did you ask a rehoming fee?

I only have my 5 resident kitties here besides my 11 foster kittens. After Tuesday I will only have 9 eight and seven week old kittens here.

My resident kitties are Jack, Maddie, Lacey, Coco and Phoebe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
At the moment, I have 13 personal rats (and am babysitting a bunch for a friend), 1 rescued psycho blind mouse, a juvenile Albino Green Burmese Python, a foster Ball Python, a foster Red Tail Boa with a damaged face and respiratory infection (being treated) and a nasty disposition, several Leopard Geckos, two dogs, three Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, and a rescued Russian Tortoise. And am hopefully adopting a stunning adult Blood Python in a couple of days to add to my person pets.

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
At the moment, I have 13 personal rats (and am babysitting a bunch for a friend), 1 rescued psycho blind mouse, a juvenile Albino Green Burmese Python, a foster Ball Python, a foster Red Tail Boa with a damaged face and respiratory infection (being treated) and a nasty disposition, several Leopard Geckos, two dogs, three Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, and a rescued Russian Tortoise. And am hopefully adopting a stunning adult Blood Python in a couple of days to add to my person pets.
What do you feed your snakes?
I would like to mention here that I protect the wild, non poisonous snakes out here. I have absolutely nothing against snakes, in general.
Hearing about large pet snakes always makes me remember when a friend was trying to rehome some kittens and a man came out who admitted his intention was to feed any kitten(s) he got to his snake. The memory chills me. Please know, the man left empty handed. I'm just afraid he learned not to tell the truth the "next time".

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have my 14 kitties, 2 dogs (both from the humane society), 3 horses and 3 ponies. Two of the horses and two of the ponies were rescues.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Only 2 dogs (black lab 12 years & english springer spaniel 15 years) and 1 cat (1 year). Also 1 husband and 2 kids (9 &12)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to mention here that I protect the wild, non poisonous snakes out here. I have absolutely nothing against snakes, in general.
Hearing about large pet snakes always makes me remember when a friend was trying to rehome some kittens and a man came out who admitted his intention was to feed any kitten(s) he got to his snake. The memory chills me. Please know, the man left empty handed. I'm just afraid he learned not to tell the truth the "next time".
That's one of the huge reasons that no one should rehome their pets for free or for super cheap!

I also like snakes, but I could never own one. I'm too much of a rodent lover and feeding them would make me too sad. In most countries, it's illegal to feed your snakes live food. I wish that was true for the US as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's so sick. I have to admit that is a worry when I see the free ads for small animals, some people are just sick.

My snakes all eat rodents that have been humanely euth'd and frozen before I buy them, from a local rattery. I would never ever feed live, just so many reasons not to, not even counting the fact it is, in my opinion, cruel, and not natural. Natural is out in the wild with an endless habitat and every chance to escape, and a long hunt. Not a box and a domestic/pet animal being tossed in it. My foster ball and Red Tail were both being fed live animals in their last home and I got them to switch to humanely euth'd with no problem.

My cats and dogs also eat raw, so it's no different to me.

I was into snakes before I got into rats, I actually got into rats because of the horrible stigma around them, I was sure it wasn't true and I love my little ones to death.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry, didn't know I couldn't post links - I haven't been on here a while and must have forgotten that rule, I'll go re-read them. It was my small animal facebook/rescue page if anyone was wondering.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I assumed you fed frozen. I forgot to mention that there! I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought you fed live. And all of your animals are gorgeous, Poisoned.

·
Super Moderator
26,496 Posts
As soon as we get a "DON'T LIKE" button.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
I have the three cats, three freshwater angelfish, one plecostomus, two parakeets and one tortoise. I also have my little foster family: one mama cat and two babies. Although technically, I am cat sitting the mom for a little while. My son just adopted her but she is still nursing the kittens.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I used to have many other pets beside the cat. I've had gerbils, guinea pigs, and fish but those didn't last more than a few years. I also had a dog, a mixed collie named Rocky, from I think 1982 until he had to be put down in '96 due to numerous health problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2 corn snakes, 2 black milk snakes, 2 black pine snakes. All captive bred and eating f/t. Had a Chinese Mantis for a year. Wouldn't get off my windshield after work. Very interesting but they don't live more than a couple years.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts