Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Children: A parent calling them by their first, last, and MIDDLE names!

Husbands: If you have to ask what's wrong, I'm certainly NOT going to tell you!

Drivers: Do you know why I pulled you over?

Wives: I'll do that next week, for sure.

Add some of your own! :)

edit/typo

·
Registered
449 Posts
"hold still while I stitch you into this"
said by me to an actress that dropped nearly three sizes between the last fitting and the shoot

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the telephone: " Press one if you are a customer, Press two if you have a problem, etc." Then, as the tv commercial shows: "What is your mother's maiden name; what is your date of birth.....??" ad nauseum. I'm beginning to think there are no people left on earth! 8O

Once I actually yelled at the machine! I actually got a human being, and she laughed and said, "I gather you need to speak to someone." We both enjoyed that!

Mothers---"I'm telling!"

·
Registered
539 Posts
For my kids at shcool:

"Are we going to have to include Mrs. Burkingstock in this convesation?" (she's the head lady at the Afterschool program)

From the weatherman:

"Looks like 100% chance of rain all day tomorrow" which means my husband will be home from work ALL day-he plays in the dirt for a living.

From my husband:

"Hey baby, (sigh) I need to be in bed before 10pm tonight" UGh which means I'm awake all night.

I'm sure there are more but I'm exhausted!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Teachers:
"So-and-so did (insert almost ANYTHING here)..."
"I threw up last night all over my bed" (said by a child who, at this particular moment, is sitting right next to you at snacktime.)
" CRASH!!!!!"
"I kind of.....had an accident."
" Looks like we will be on rainy day schedule for the next week"

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
The worst one for me is when I'm standing within earshot of one of my employees and a customer in a conversation. As soon as I hear "This is (expletive) I want to talk to the manager!", come from the customer -- I cringe.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Preschool teachers-

"Gosh that must be such an easy job, playing with kids and toys all day."

" So, basically, you're a high-paid babysitter, right?"

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
My mom: "So I was thinking that for your wedding we can do....." I love her, but we don't always have the same taste. ;)

Brandon: "Honey, I know we talked about this, but your apartment is really starting to get to me." He doesn't like how I live messy (not dirty, no, but messy...it's the creative person within ;) ).

Co workers: "Omg, do you know what Steve said about you?" :roll: I really feel like I'm working at a high school.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ianthe said:
"Gosh that must be such an easy job, playing with kids and toys all day."
Oooh Ooooh! *raises hand* Dog groomers have incredibly easy, fun jobs, too, getting to play with puppies all day!

Though my favorite from work is always "They're going to be there THAT long?!" (all of 2-3 hours) - seriously, people, how long does it take to wash, thoroughly dry, and style your hair? And you're not even screaming and thrashing about for it. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What we all hate to hear when we ask, "What's for dinner:" Leftovers :)

What mothers dread hearing-- "Mrs. Smith, this is Mr. Jones, the principal at your son's school....." :(

Wives hate to hear "Oh, sorry, honey. I didn't know you just scrubbed the floor!" (as he looks at his muddy boots! )

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
When leaving a voice mail on a cell phone: "At the tone record your message. To end press star or just hang up, or press the pound key for further options."

From a signifigant other "We need to talk."

From any customer service department over the phone "Good aftnoon sir what seem be problem you have I may assist you with?"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts