Cat Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Lulu was the first cat in fact first pet my husband had ever had. He agreed to adopting her if she didn't sleep on our bed. Of course the first night, he picked her up as we were going to bed and took her with him because he thought she would be lonely in the living room. She has slept with him almost every night since and after that we never spoke of rules again :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Most notably, my parents had a strict rule that their new cat couldn't go on the counters (we've long since given up on tables, etc), but it has since lessened to she is allowed to go on the counter near the sink, but not on the island... (at least while people are present!)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I love our cats but I have no patience when any of them use our furniture as a "scratching post". (And we have true "scratching posts" in multiple rooms)

·
Registered
0 Posts
LOL Jenny. When Mocha was still alive, my husband wouldn't allow her paws anywhere near the kitchen table. As soon as we got Luna and she had free reign of the house, she climbed onto his lap during dinner one night and proceeded to help herself to a shrimp from his rice. Next thing I knew, the kitten was allowed on the table, but only if.... Let's just say, all the "only ifs..." disappeared. He puts in a token "off the table/counter" every now and then...but it is too late....

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
No cats on the table! ...was that a rule at some point? I feel it must have been, but I just don't remember. No cats on the table--during meal times! I think that was also a rule at one time or another. Hmmm.

This, by the way, is our table: Emily @dt8thd | Websta (Webstagram)

We flip our tablecloth every other day and wash it every four days to try to limit the amount of cat hair we ingest along with our food. :roll:
Oh, there are kitties everywhere! How fun! I can't imagine how much cat hair I have eaten in my lifetime!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Haha, I don't even want to think about all the cat hair I've ingested, surprised I haven't barfed up a hairball!

The no scratching furniture still stands, but he only does it when he wants attention - negative or positive, he doesn't care. So getting him to stop that is a little difficult :p

·
Registered
653 Posts
The only rule I still enforce is no hanging off the window screens. I live in a high-rise so that's non negotiable. I scared the bejeesus out of her the first time she tried and that rule stuck. I had grand plans for the counters and the table and the leather ottoman, but I've given up on all of them. Lol she can go wherever she wants really, unless I'm preparing food or eating. But I just shoo her away, so I wouldn't call that a rule. Lol

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Hilarious thread!!

Jakiepoo, you're a born stand-up comedian!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts