Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious what shampoos people use on their animals, whether dog or cat or horse or whathaveyou. I'm too lazy to go to the store & pick out a shampoo that I am unfamiliar with, so my dog is bathed with the same Pantene that I use. Or Garnier, or L'Oreal, or whatever I'm using.

How about everyone else?

·
Banned
804 Posts
I use Catit Essentials with Teatree and Lavender. it seems to be the only thing that stops China from twitching and chewing on herself. plus their fur feels like rabbit fur after, so soft and luxurious

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ive always heard it was realy realy bad to put human shampoo on a dog because of the chemicals and such. 8O

Ive always used baby shampoo on the dogs, the 'no-tears' ones are good because i dont have to worry about it stinging if it gets into their eyes. :)

·
Registered
981 Posts
one the baby I use Dawn Dish soap which works really good since she isnt old enough yet to use flea soap. I use some store brand on Munchkin that has Oatmeal in it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I use one called Tropiclean - its a natural shampoo that I found at Petco. The scent I use (berry clean) makes them smell like a cherry car freshener! lol.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I've always used baby shampoo, much less harsh than regular shampoo. I was also told by my vet some time ago that human dandruff shampoo can be used for cats with dandruff problems.

·
Banned
804 Posts
I always figured...hey if we protest by the hundreds of thousands each year against testing cosmetics etc on animals...it kinda defeats the purpose to then use said product to beautify our critters

·
Registered
695 Posts
On Drifter I use dish soap, Dawn or Sunlight. It cleans him way better then any other shampoo I've had for him, really gets down to the dirt and grit after a hike or when he's going to get shaved and leaves him squeaky clean (yes his hair actually squeaks when you rub it lol).

The kitties don't get baths. :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Willow771 said:
I always figured...hey if we protest by the hundreds of thousands each year against testing cosmetics etc on animals...it kinda defeats the purpose to then use said product to beautify our critters
Well... I think there's a big difference between a pet owner safely cleaning their pet ("beautify" is a bit simplisitic, as a good bath now and then is important to remove excess coat, as well as cleanse and moisturize the skin) and a researcher dripping shampoo into a bunny's eye to see what happens.

That said, while I currently use Tropiclean to bathe my dogs at home, and I use the brand we have at work when I grom them there, I will be switching to Earth Bath when my bottle of Aloe Moist TropiClean runs out. Earth Bath is not tested on animals (like my own shampoo!) and comes in a biodegradeable bottle. I have heard good things about it, so I'll buy a bottle, and if I like it, I'll keep using it.

The above is for dogs. I would never dream of bathing my cats :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts