Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.....

One of my oldest friends stopped talking to me. I actually stayed at his house for 2 1/2 weeks before I moved into my new place when I got back to Michigan. I'm completely freaking out. He has never not talked to me. Even when I owed him alot of money. I can't figure out what I did or why he won't talk to me. I have tried calling him, texting him, emailing him, leaving him messages and comments on my space. Nothing....no response. I don't understand. He actually changed his profile on myspace (which mentioned me) to not :(

I've been trying to figure out what to do. I think I am going to write him a letter and mail it. I finally sent a message to his girlfriend and sked if she knew why he hated me now. Hope that wasn't a mistake.

It really tears me up after everything I have been through to be losing one of my oldest and dearest friends. Ecspecially since I don't know why.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
I'm so sorry about this, after all of your problems! :( I don't think contacting his girl friend was a mistake, unless she might be jealous. There has to be a misunderstanding, and if you can find out what it is, you'll be able to straighten this out. I certainly hope so.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Not knowing why is a really tough one. I've been thru that and it is NOT easy to get over. However, I can tell you this..... it may not be anything you did or didn't do. Most often when something like that happens, it is the other person who is going thru something and isn't very good about communicating what is going on - it is easier for them to just ignore/stop talking.

I know it doesn't help to hear that tho when your mind is trying to make sense of it and it keeps going over everything you ever said/didn't say or did/didn't do looking for an answer. I hope you get one, but if you don't, remember most likely it's not you, ok?

If you ever need someone who might vaguely relate, feel free to PM.

Good luck!

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I don't know, but there is nothing more painful than having a roommate without being paid. I got burned too many times that I will NEVER have another roommate!!!

Maybe he is expecting monetary compensation?

I think it will get better with time. Don't worry about it :D

·
Registered
998 Posts
I lost a LIFE LONG friend a few years back. He got mad at me because i set a boundry with him as to what i would do for him for FREE! I've never seen or heard from him since. Such is life, it's his loss not mine.

Life is an adventure filled with new friends and old heartbreaks. Don't worry about the past but rather look to the future and all the wonderment it holds.

Clint

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
I feel for you. I had a dear friend drop out on me like that. We were very close, talked and got together all the time, and she was a bridesmaid in my wedding. Her career took off and I knew she was busy, so I understood that and made an effort to stay in touch. She was always friendly and interested when we spoke even though she rarely returned my calls.

I realized that we were no longer friends when she never called after I had my daughter, and then six months later when my mother died. Even though I called to let her know about my mom (who she knew well), she never returned the call, was a no-show at the funeral, no card, nothing. :( This hurt even more since I had supported her when her dad died.

I have only contacted her once since, to let her know that a mutual friend's father died. No response of any sort. :(

Sorry, don't mean to take over your thread with my issue... :oops: but I think it is just cruel when someone breaks off contact like that. You deserve some explanation from this friend.

I think what you've done so far makes sense. If you write the letter, I hope your friend will see how sad this has made you and at least tell you what's wrong. However, after that you don't want to allow this to take over. Continuing to contact him with no response will only hurt you. If you see mutual friends, ask about him and let them know that you miss him. Hopefully, in time he will get past this. Good luck. :wink:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shengmei said:
I don't know, but there is nothing more painful than having a roommate without being paid. I got burned too many times that I will NEVER have another roommate!!!

Maybe he is expecting monetary compensation?

I think it will get better with time. Don't worry about it :D
I was not a roomate. I stayed in his basement with my cats for 2 1/2 weeks. Knowing my financial situation along with everything else...he did this to help me out with out any money to be changing hands

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is a completely non confrontational person so he tends to avoid anything that could be considered a confrontation. It just bothers me that I can't seem to figure out why he would just stop talking to me. Even if I did something to upset him I can't see why he wouldn't tell me.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
I'm just making a guess here. but it's possible his girlfriend thought you were more than friends, and if he contacts you, it will cause problems. At least she knows now that it was only a friendship--or you would not have contacted her. I so hope your friendship will be restored someday. In the meantime, I don't think you should try to contact him about this again. Whatever his reasons are, he's not ready to discuss them. :( Of course, you'll be pleasant to him if you see him.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am pretty sure that she understood that we had been close friends for years. Her and I talked and got along well while I was staying there.

She read the message I sent her, but didn't respond. I'm not sure if she knows what is going on and doesn't want to tell me or if she really doesn't even know that I haven't talked to him, since I have talked to her.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
That's sad that you lost a good friend. But what kind of friend just abruptly ignores you like that? That's just not right and even though it hurts, you don't need friends like that.

Maybe he's doing this b/c he is overwhelmed with feelings, maybe with the whole situation or feelings for you, gf may be more jealous than you think especially since you are single now, etc. Don't feel too bad, even if you did something wrong, he shouldn't be acting like this. At least tell you what is up... :?

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
fbodgrl said:
I am pretty sure that she understood that we had been close friends for years. Her and I talked and got along well while I was staying there.

She read the message I sent her, but didn't respond. I'm not sure if she knows what is going on and doesn't want to tell me or if she really doesn't even know that I haven't talked to him, since I have talked to her.
He may have told her not to talk to you or something...maybe you'll never get your answer.

I would write a letter to him, too...maybe he'll respond to that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Monetary comp?

I feel your hurt.. It was mentioned that Monetary compensation may be a reason? if he wanted money from you, he is no friend..I kind of doubt that is the case.

He obviously has some psyhological issues, a "norma/maturel" adult would not treat a friend like that. He may be hurt/resentful but an adult would try to resolve the situation peacfully and provide the chance to his/her friend to correct any mistake he/she has made.

Playing hard to get and ignoring you is what a 6 year old would do to get attention and enjoy the fact that you're trying to make contact and making you suffer for it. What you're doing make him feel important, which he obviously does not feel about himself. This is what one my beloved family members would do also, which drives me crazy and puts more distance between us.

You can not cure him, unless you are a professional psychologist and a darn good one. If I were you, I'd just let it go and see if he realy attaches any value to your friendship ...Moving on is sometimes the best thing you can do for both of you....

Best,
Bijan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts