Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Voldie got neutered yesterday, everything went fine and he's jumping around, playing, drinking and eating already.

My question is, what should I look for in the zone were his testicles use to be? As far as I can tell, they got completely removed (no sutures) and there's only two little red bumps as evidence they ever existed. Fur is already starting to grow around them, but I'm worried in case I don't notice an infection going on or something? What shall I be in the lookout for? I inspected the zone and it's darkish pink/reddish, but there's no smell nor sign of infection.

Also, both his eyes were watery this morning, is this normal?

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
Wouldn't your eyes be watering after this?? (sorry, couldn't resist)

I have little girls, so I'm no help at all with this issue, but he sounds like he's doing fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't your eyes be watering after this?? (sorry, couldn't resist)

I have little girls, so I'm no help at all with this issue, but he sounds like he's doing fine.
I have a little girl (Luna) too, but she was spayed before I got her. :)

Was just wondering because I do want the best for Voldie, indeed.

Also, completely off-topic but I figure this isn't worth opening a new topic for. It's about the female cat I mentioned above. I don't have a picture of her since my camera's memory card is AWOL, but would anyone be able to tell me which colour she is? I have not found a picture of a cat like her before, but think something like this: http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/07/...iors-of-moonclan/Black_white_cat_on_fence.jpg

Only with stripes on the black part. Grey stripes ON the black, not over the white. I am pretty sure she is black with the grey since there's parts that are entirely black and not stripe shaped at all (the stripes are like a mackerel tabby).

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
When my girls were spayed, they were running around like monkeys the very same night. "Keep them quiet." Yeah, right. (They were actually still at their foster home, I got them two days later.)

Luna sounds beautiful! We probably have members who know exactly what you're talking about and can help you with a description, and probably pictures.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When my girls were spayed, they were running around like monkeys the very same night. "Keep them quiet." Yeah, right. (They were actually still at their foster home, I got them two days later.)

Luna sounds beautiful! We probably have members who know exactly what you're talking about and can help you with a description, and probably pictures.
Aww thanks. Your girls look beautiful as well (I have a soft spot for long haired kittens)!

Luna is the oddest kitten. I'd always read that females were more standoffish than males, but she is so affectionate, even jumps towards my hand with her back when I go to pet her, which is something I'd never seen any other cat do. :kittyturn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts