Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have double jointed thumbs. I can bend the top joint backwards as easily as forwards. When my doctor saw it, he was rather surprised. I never met anyone else who could do that until I worked at a piano store for a while. The manager, another pianist, and I were passing a bit of time on a slow day, and I told them I could do something they couldn't do, and bent both thumbs backwards in half. BOTH of them could do it! I was shocked. I can also raise my left eyebrow by itself-like Mr. Spock on Star Trek. What can you do?

·
Registered
676 Posts
I must have double jointed hips, I've always sat in this very flat, far spread W shape, infact sitting indian style has always been very painfull for me, lol.
I can do the left eye brown raise as well! I try to do it with just my right one but... *struggles* I can't find the muscle for it, haha!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm not double-jointed in any way I know of but I can do the left eye-brow thing too. I can also wink un-noticable if you know what I mean. I'm not sure If the winking thing is un-common but I can do it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I can move my ears without touching them, and I also can lift the left side of my top lip (the way Elvis does) and I have NO idea why I can't do it with the other side. I also have double jointed thumbs and can bend them back far......must be a pianist thing eh Jeanie??!!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I have double jointed thumbs too, inherited from my Dad. I have never known anybody else to have them. I have never tried the piano, maybe I should. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It amazes me to see someone wiggle their ears! I can touch my head with my foot., but anyone can do that with exercise!

Lori, get thee to a piano teacher! It can't be just a coincidence. I had met many piano players, of course, because I have taught piano for years. The people who could do it were exceptional players, and I understand Maleke is, too! You might be sitting on a hidden talent. Adults(self motivated) learn very fast.

·
Registered
328 Posts
AngelZoo said:
I must have double jointed hips, I've always sat in this very flat, far spread W shape, infact sitting indian style has always been very painfull for me, lol.
I can do the left eye brown raise as well! I try to do it with just my right one but... *struggles* I can't find the muscle for it, haha!
Hehe, I can do that sitting thing too! And I can never sit cross-legged for long either or it starts to hurt. :)

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can anyone move your little toe away from the others? Can you fold your hands behind your back? I don't know if folding your hands, etc., is unusual, but a physical therapist said, "You'd be surprised what our muscles can do. There's even one to move your little toe away from the others." Well, I believed it, because I could do it. I gather that evolution is slowing phasing out that muscle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also can move my little toe away from the others at both feet ( can't everyone?)

And i also can raise my left eyebrow , only the left, doesn't work with the right!

I can smell my toes or bite my toenails (if i wanted to, yuk) went to ballet for 5 years!

·
Banned
410 Posts
I love ballet. I wish that my mom had put me in a ballet class when I was young. I love to watch them dance--they are so graceful. I imagine they feel so free and beautiful while they are performing. :roll: --sigh--

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went to balletclass from age 5 till i was 10 but it's not so good for your toes and your feet! You still can tell that I've done ballet when u look at my feet!
I always wanted to ride a horse and do jumping etc., but my mom didn't let me because she's afraid of horses, i still regret it! I just loved horses when i was young, still do!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts