Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Baxter to the vet today, and when I brought him back Barnaby was sniffing him and hissing. I didn't really believe that a cat could bring home other scents from being at the vet, especially the very short time he was there, but it is true.

I had to break out the bottle of vanilla again. A few minutes later Barnaby was licking/grooming him, but then a little bit later, he was sniffing him and hissing again and he even tried to nip at him. :?

I have to separate them for now because I have to get back to work. Hopefully all will be back to normal later.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
It is amazing, isn't it? Everything reduced to the way they smell ...now you will have two kitties that will smell like cookies for a while
ps it is great to have such a trick up on the sleeve when it makes such a big difference :D

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I still haven't tried it :/ But it is my mission to try it when I get home, since I have to bring Sigma back. I *really* hope it works...

·
Registered
560 Posts
I wonder if bringing both of the kitties to the vet at the same time would help? Even if only one needed to go - I don't think the vet would mind (might think it's weird) - just so the kitties might be happy? Anyone try this?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Funny, Mango went to the vet today too and my other two were doing the same thing. They're still hissing a bit but it's slowly getting better. Wish the vanilla thing would work with my boys. I already dread another visit to the vet.

·
Registered
821 Posts
My cats never seem to care when one leaves and comes home from the vets. They don't hiss, and they pretty much just don't care! Maybe my cats are abnormal!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maleke said:
My cats never seem to care when one leaves and comes home from the vets. They don't hiss, and they pretty much just don't care! Maybe my cats are abnormal!
Mine get over it pretty quickly too. In fact, they seem to be pretty concerned about each other when surgery etc is involved. They go into a "nursing" mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts