Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of posters have said something about getting a kitten checked for issues when they don't pee in litter box. How do i go about getting that stuff checked when I take her to the vet?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, young kittens like that don't really know any better, they forget where the litter box is and / or can't make it to the litter box because they can't hold it long enough like adult cats. It helps to keep a young kitten in one room, or if you let it roam the house have lots of litterboxes strategically placed around the house, preferably in rooms where she spends most of her time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She will be 7 weeks old tomorrow and she goes poo in it and when it comes to peeing she goes up to it and squats in the corner I of course do see her but my carpet tells me by the stains

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
Some cats like separate boxes for pee and poop. Or won't go in again if it's been used once. I would try getting a second box and see what happens. You might also want to get some Kitten Attract litter.

It's possible that she has a UTI (Kobi had one at 14 weeks or so) and is just trying to get the message across to you. Ask the vet to do a urinalysis...that will tell you whether there is a medical or behavioral issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts