Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I am going to be visiting my family in the USA dec-feb. And I am going to be buying all those cat things that you just can't get in brazil (at least not without it being 300+dollars)

SO I need help on things to get, a furminator seems to be a good investment for hana. a large cat tree thingy? my cats LOVE to climb and such but the ones here are so unstable and crappy I am thinking of buying a wellmade one that you have to put together and bringing it back to brazil.

Any other ideas? I get two suitcases 70 pounds each and two carry ons :) ONE Of them is at least gunna be half full of cat stuff ^_^ hopefully.

So ideas please!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think amazon.com is a great reference for info on cat furniture. They have much variety, and, best of all, they have customer reviews.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well, I don't know if you can get these in Brazil or not but...

-Slippery Elm Bark is a must IMO for all cat owners. Little Big Cat explains what it is and why it is good.

-L-lysine - again very nice to have around. It is very good for cats when they have colds or if they are sick as it boosts their immune system. Both the lysine and slippery elm bark are sold in most human health food stores.

Probiotics made for pets such as Holistic Select - Digestive Aid - Holistic Transition

-100% meat treats such as Halo live a little treats.

-Check out armarkat cat trees items - Get great deals on Pet Supplies items on eBay.com! for cat trees. Armarkat is a very high quality brand; and it is much cheaper to get them through ebay than from a store. So see if someone you know would be willing to order one for you if you can figure out a way to take it back.

-maybe a laser toy?

-If you are in the USA after Christmas, go to Petsmart and get some of the "special holiday" cat toys when they are 75% off. I can get a stocking of 22 cat toys for $4 sometimes after Christmas.

·
Banned
470 Posts
I think amazon.com is a great reference for info on cat furniture. They have much variety, and, best of all, they have customer reviews.
And most of the time the best prices, tax free. I'd just have it shipped to whoever you are visiting.

You can check Amazon.com price tracking with love. Amazon product tracker, Amazon price watch, Amazon price history charts, product tracking, email alerts, rss, and more! | camelcamelcamel.com to see if thats a high or low price as well, as it has a history of pricing going back to when the product was released and includes third parties.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yay I love all these ideas, am already looking into each of them :) I want my kitties happy and brazil leaves much to be desired for cat items. its all mostly crap crap, a small tiny scratching post was like 60 dollars >.< and its a piece o crap

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
One of my cats' favorites is a window seat. The best thing is you can "install" it without damaging the wall/window. I'm not sure how the prices compare, but I think I got it for around $40 from Petsmart.

This is Pumpkin's favorite toy:

They are catnip mice that also make a rattling noise.

This is Simone's favorite:

He loves to carry these around the house; they never stay on the toy shelf very long!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
omg i love the idea of window seats, especially because we may be moving and it may not have a portch at this new place

·
Banned
470 Posts
Kitty window seats/shelves are a great idea. IMO you can just use any old sturdy shelf as a window seat though (Ikea has some cool looking ones), and then you don't have to worry about lugging that all the way back.

You don't even have to buy actual shelves. I put this together with one quick trip to home depot and about 30 mins labor and cost next to nothing:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Kitty window seats/shelves are a great idea. IMO you can just use any old sturdy shelf as a window seat though (Ikea has some cool looking ones), and then you don't have to worry about lugging that all the way back.

You don't even have to buy actual shelves. I put this together with one quick trip to home depot and about 30 mins labor and cost next to nothing:/QUOTE]

Your shelves are very nice, but I think it just depends on where they are going to be "installed" & if you own/rent your home. I can't set up anything so permanent (the main draw of the particular one I picked out is that they leave no damage & has a washable cover). Your actual shelf idea is good too, only I keep my cat seat in the kitchen where I don't have extra room for a shelf. I guess it just depends :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts