Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately we have a work cat that my boss is forcing me to get rid of. He pees on all of our floor mats that we serve to our customers. Other than that, he's a great cat. Should I try to find him a home with a barn he can live in? I know not many people will take in a cat with behavior issues like this. I personally cannot take him in. I have 3 cats and 2 dogs, any time a new cat gets close to the house, they all get angry!

Any suggestions would be great. I want to give him the best possible chance to have a good life...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've seen spray products at, let's say, Petsmart, that repel wild animals such as rabitts, squirrels, mice etc., to keep them out of their flower beds etc. Please check it out. In fact, I saw those sprays at Meijer's just the other day. I KNOW I've seen them for cats too. Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
716 Posts
did this behavior just start out of nowhere?

it could be a health issue or the cat could be stressed. I would get him to the vet first, to rule out any health issues. He doesnt have to be labeled as a cat that goes outside the box, the problem could very well be corrected.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
The late office cat of the design firm I worked for had many bad habits but the boss never threatened to get rid of him, he peed on a sales reps purse once and spray some of the fabric samples.
He died old and almost toothless with his beloved office manager and I holding him and I buried him under the from office window.

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
We've had other members that said certain mats (ones with rubber underneath them?) are the only things their cats pee on inappropriately. Since this cat wasn't doing this back in October, I would suspect a UTI, too.

Urinary Tract Disorders in Cats | Little Big Cat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts