Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So - a friend of mine is treating me to dinner tonight as a thankyou for being a listening ear regarding a problem or two.

Menu for this evening is at the website below:

http://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/dining/dining/

Hmmm. Not entirely sure what to chose. Any ideas? What would you eat?

p.s. Ox cheeks? 8O

·
Registered
241 Posts
melysion said:
So - a friend of mine is treating me to dinner tonight as a thankyou for being a listening ear regarding a problem or two.

Menu for this evening is at the website below:

http://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/dining/dining/

Hmmm. Not entirely sure what to chose. Any ideas? What would you eat?

p.s. Ox cheeks? 8O
I'd probably have the tuna (none of the others appeal) followed by the confit duck, prawns or aforementioned ox cheek stew.

Yep, ox cheek will be nice, never had it but ox tongue or oxtail is nice. Offal generally is very tasty - though that usually refers to internal organs rather than head or tail...

In Paris I once ordered cervelles des agneaux, as I knew it was lamb. What arrived were two poached lambs brains - which just looked like human brains but slightly smaller. I ate them anyway, very nice!

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm ... as regards to food I will try pretty much anything once ....

But in this case I might just have to take a rain check on those lamb brains Alex :dis :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Mmmm! 8)

Sea bass or duck if you are thinking of staying a little on the less expensive side? Or, if you like Italian, that ox-cheek sounds like it could be fun!!

And it will be interesting to see what the soup will be - hope it is something seasonal and surprising...

Enjoy!!!

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Looking at the prices, I think I would have a glass of water, please! 8O

Is this a 5 star restaurant, Allie? Those prices are very high.

However, since you're being treated, I'd have the soup, (depending on what kind...no "lamb's brain soup!" :) ) beef, and either the lime tart or the chocolate mousse! That's more that $67.00!

My mother made oxtail soup quite often. It's very good. You know...the closer the bone, the sweeter the meat. Of course, I didn't know what it was at the time. I thought it was like potted head (potted heed, she called it), which was gelled roast beef, and made good sandwiches. Why it was called potted "heed" I don't know! :wink:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jeanie said:

Ronnie Scott's is a famous jazz club, I didn't know it served food - it's certainly not a fine dining place.

Those prices are not really expensive for the UK, and certainly not for London. The cost of living here is high!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
akiralx said:
Jeanie said:

Ronnie Scott's is a famous jazz club, I didn't know it served food - it's certainly not a fine dining place.

Those prices are not really expensive for the UK, and certainly not for London. The cost of living here is high!
I agree, this is pretty cheap for London. Jeanie I went for dinner at the OXO Tower a few weeks ago and I think you would have fallen over at the price of their glass of water!! ;)

Allie I have been here a few times and the food is pretty good for this kind of venue, I would be going for the Chicory, apple, grapefruit and walnut salad followed by the risotto - sounds yummy :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'm sitting here in my dark bedroom, and suddenly I hear these weird occasional bells clang while I'm reading...I was scared, I couldn't figure out what would be making a noise like that! Your sound-effected menu scared the crap out of me!

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
:idea: I enjoy good jazz, so lets sneak in a bottle of water, two plastic glasses, and share, Maria! And please don't let anyone catch you, or we'll get thrown out! :(

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure how much my friend spent last night and neither do I want to. He paid £30 in cab fares alone! I had the beef followed by the fruit crumble. It was nice but I have to say there wasn't a lot of it.

To my shame, we also drank two bottles of red wine between us (which I know cost £26 a bottle!) . I am not a drinker and have only ever been drunk once before last night .... I woke up feeling very tender this morning. Nursing the dying ebbs of a hangover as we speak.

The music was stunning by the way ;) I'm going to buy their latest album on itunes and give my friend a copy as sort of part payment because I'm sure he spent getting on towards £200 last night.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Jeanie said:
:idea: I enjoy good jazz, so lets sneak in a bottle of water, two plastic glasses, and share, Maria! And please don't let anyone catch you, or we'll get thrown out! :(
Too late I think they threw meouwwwwww :wink:
So Allie why is it so expensive, My guess is that London is just outrageous..
I am glad you enjoyed it, did you give Toby extra lovings? You betcha!!
:D

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. I need it. how people do this to themselves on a regular basis baffles me. groan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts