Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My terminally ill cat will be put to sleep tomorrow. She has a recurrent tumor along her intestines which prevents using her digestive system normally. She hasn't been eating the past few days but has been drinking. And whenever she does eat she throws up (yellow vomit). Should I attempt feeding her anyway? I just want her to be comfortable. In addition her urine now is bright red. It's really sad that I have to put her to sleep, but I know its for the best so she wont have to suffer. I'm also glad that the vet agreed to come the house to prevent and traumatic experiences.

· Registered
4,065 Posts
If she doesn't want to eat, don't force it. If she's still drinking, offer her some tuna water or milk/cream. Perhaps those will appeal to her if she's thirsty. These last hours should be on her terms. Just stay close and give her whatever attention she wants. If she doesn't want any attention, then keep it to a minimum until the vet arrives tomorrow.

You have my sincere condolences.

Laurie

· Registered
7,452 Posts
As Laurie said just do as much as your kitty wants and no more. It will help you as much as her not to be forcing anything on her.

I am sorry that you are facing all of this. (((hugs))) to you.

· Registered
3,164 Posts
Thinking of you today and sending purrs and headbutts from my kitty crew and hugs from me. Tell you girl to say hi to Smokey for me. He'll be there to greet her as she crosses the Bridge. Smokey was a sweetheart and quite the people/cat pleaser.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.