Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feed Kitty Bitts, which are Alaskan salmon treats, i also feed chicken hearts, bonito flakes, and sometimes high quality grain free dry food for snacks. :) I obviously don't give all of these things at the same time, and there are days he doesn't get treats. I just love how excited he gets when i bring out the bag of goodies :)

·
Super Moderator
26,808 Posts
Temptations, which they love.

But Freeze Dried Salmon is their favorite. 100% salmon. Only ingredient. STUPIDLY expensive. But it lasts a long time, special treats only. Gigi doesn't like it at all, weird.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Sometimes i'll get my cats treats but the budget mainly goes to their food. If I have money left over outside of other things (rare) i'll get go grain free treats, or dehydrated chicken from chuck n dons,

once i got leftover turkey from thanksgiving at mom/ dads, a whole bag, I ate some of the portions the stuff with bone, and the rest without bone - they dove right in.

or kims, our lead staff at our group home- it was a peace of turkey for one of the dogs but the dog wasn't into it so i took it home they liked it. and once in awhile i'll sneak them some chicken thats supposed to be for lunch if its baked with no seasonings.

In gen though I stick to there cat food so I don't get caught/in trouble.:lol:

·
Banned
115 Posts
I think its perfectly fine as long as its meat based and has no seasonings. Some seasonings such as onion or garlic can be deadly to cats. The pet food industary lies so much anyway about whats good or not they cant be trusted.:roll:

·
Banned
602 Posts
I don't give my cat treats. Her regular food is all she gets. She has never acted like she needs anything else and I don't need the added expence as I'm on a fixed disability income.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I give them Temptations now, but i want to start dehydrating raw meat to use as treats. I don't like the ingredients in the Temptations ones.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I actually went to the pet store the other day and looked at every package of treats and they are all pretty much the same, except for the freeze dried, but the price is prohibitive for me...so I'd rather invest in the dehydrator and use whatever meat I have on hand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts