Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
New here, i hope i am posting this in correct area for random topics. I am fixing to buy a new sofa,.and have a fairly new cat!
So, what fabric do YOU think is best to have on a sofa that is going to have a cat on it? (...hopefully, Kiki is still just wee bit shy..)
I was also thinking, maybe i would get a leather sofa, and cover it with one of those cat-shields/blankets. some even strap onto the sofa. Has anyone used one of those pet shields, they look like heavy, odd shaped blankets i guess.

I hear that leather is easier to wipe fur off of, but every toe nail puncture will show up as the cat leaps on or off of the sofa?
Also, i hear that fabric will hide the toe nail punctures more, but, will become fur magnets. I am guessing that velvet or microfibers would be worst..?
I was planning on buying and applying one of those types of clear thin flexible plastic shields馃洝 to cover the backs and sides of my sofa to protect it from scratching, has anyone had luck with those?

ANY ADVICE?
(no detail too small to interest me). THANK YOU in advance.

Registered
I've had cats off and on most of my life.. Also had many differant types of fabrics for sofas/chairs.. I find it easiest to cover sofa/chair with a blanket ... meant to be used by the cat and then washed periodically.. Also have a blanket I use this time of year when its cold.. that I cover myself with on the chair/sofa and also wash it periodically.. It saves some of the issues..
However if you have a cat/cats you have to expect fur.. its part n parcel of being a slave to them :)

Banned
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To Kitty 827
When i went to post my question, towards the bottom of the page, (you have to scroll down the screen to see it)
was the option to post a survey as well. So i thought, why not. Maybe some knowledgable cat fans might be more likely to answer me if i give the option to just check a box..?
When you go to post a survey, it gives you several options, like, can the respondent give more than one answer? Can they change their answer? Do you want the poll closed at some point? and so on. Tons of options.

Banned
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My last sofa, was a loose fabric similar to canvas But not as tight as that, and my DD's cat did leave a ton of pinholes with charming "exploding threads" framing each pinhole, as Smokey walked along the Top of the back of sofa. Some holes were from him making donuts there.... some were from jumping on and off, some were mystery holes. All got the amazing exploding threads at the rim of each hole...

I bought some clear double sided tape and placed it all along the back of sofa, which Smokey found absolutely repulsive and in less than 3 days, he was Done jumping or walking there. I left it on there for a month or two, and took it off. I wondered if Smokey would notice the gross horrible tape was gone and resume walking there?
But nope!! Smokey was permanently turned off to Ever ever setting paw on that area ever again. Years passed and still, Smokey would not touch that part of the sofa. Ever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts