Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter what toys I buy, my kitties tend to love the inanimate objects more!
Their favorite thing is my hair ties.
It's weird, I can have anything out for them to play with, but they always find the hair tie. Like when I leave it on the sink and I'm showering, they'll come in a steal it, it's rather funny...
Precious has a thing for toilet paper, if I leave it out, she'll destroy it.
She also has a thing for bottle caps.
Midnight loves the hair ties, but she plays with the feather thing I bought too.
It's so great, their different personalities.
What weird things do your cats play with?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Cheap Toys

Hairties, and he hides them, almost like a dog. I have to buy new ones all the time. No matter where they are, they are never there when I get back.
He also like dry spaghetti to kick around on the kitchen floor. We found this out one day on accident when I was making dinner and dropped some on the floor.
Let me think.. what else.. the plastic rings from the milk jugs, pens, plastic bags, boxes, and the little lizards that get into the apartment, he doesn't eat them, but he paws at them and carries them around. Then we let them go.

As long as I didn't spend money on it. he loves it.Hairties, and he hides them, almost like a dog. I have to buy new ones all the time. No matter where they are, they are never there when I get back.
He also like dry spaghetti to kick around on the kitchen floor. We found this out one day on accident when I was making dinner and dropped some on the floor.
Let me think.. what else.. the plastic rings from the milk jugs, pens, plastic bags, boxes, and the little lizards that get into the apartment, he doesn't eat them :D , but he paws at them and carries them around. Then we let them go. :wink:

As long as I didn't spend money on it. he loves it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
What types of things does yours play with

Mats! We've got a little door mat in the hall outside the front door. Jimmy managed to pull the whole thing into the flat from *inside*, by scrabbling and pulling it under the door. He loves it :lol:

seashell

·
Registered
237 Posts
i concur with the hair ties... i always have to put mine out of reach since both tyra & tyson love em. tyson also loves the rings off of gallons of milk -- they're a good substitute for the curly q toys I got for him that I can't seem to find anywhere anymore :( they love twisty-ties too but I have to keep those away from them since they have the metal core. however i think their favority "toy" is MY HAIR -- they're always batting at it or trying to chew on it like one of their wand toys! :x it's ok but sometimes it's distracting since they'll pounce on my back out of nowhere and start trying to get to my hair.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, yeah mine like boxes too.
They play in them, on them, and bite at them so I'm left with a big mess...
But it's all jus so cute!
I found like 4 bottlecaps under my couch one day, and I find the hair ties everywhere!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ice cubes, baby carrots, bags, boxes, strings (Xander runs through the house yowling for his string) :lol: ...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mine are much the same, hair ties are a fav, also, milk cap rings, pens, bottle caps, and bread ties.

As for toys, mine only like toys that have real-feeling fur on them and/or feathers. They are mad for feathers! I buy the pole toys with bells, balls and feathers on them. I also buy the small furry toy mice, that feel so real, man the love them! They are so easily lost though. I know for a fact there are several of those under our stove. :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
One of the latest toys: They stole and plastic box with one left almond in it. They move it around and love the sound of the nut moving back and forth. And of course, they try to catch the nut but they can't because the box has lid. What a cheap and good toy! :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
ok. upon clicking on a link to finding 'da bird', i came across my kitty's FAVORITE toy... cross-referenced and found a site that sold it cheaper.

http://www.allpets.com/prodetail.asp?T1 ... g=87&tid=2

if you cats LOVE milk cap rings, they'll love these Kookie Kitty Kurli-Q's even more b/c they're springy and battable and they can chew n stretch em out.

i can't wait until they arrive -- so excited since my local store seems to have stopped carrying them.

-- brite[/list]

·
Registered
50 Posts
My female loves to attack coat hangers and paper bags. Either one is laying on the ground and its hers!

Midnight when he was younger would slip into my nephews room and steal their small stuffed animals and drag them under my bed. My sister n law used to get quite peterb over this.
"Your cat keeps stealing my boys stuffed animals!"
"What are you talking about? Look at my room, do you see any stuffed animals?"
"Look under your bed."
I look and am shocked at the horror I see.
*expression of calm fear*
"I will buy new ones, best we not let the boys see this."

Now Gilligan just likes small objects. Milk caps, ear plugs, cotton balls, that kind of thing. You know, the things you don't want them to play with. He did have a fetish for the small lincon logs but after stepping on a few of those in the dark we would insure they were all put away when the boys went to bed.

Nothing like being woken up at 2am when your younger brother steps on a tiny lincon log on his way to the bathroom to get ready for work.. Its funny the first two or three times, but after that...... you would rather just not have been woken up.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
What kind of things do your cats play with?

Jimmy's got a new 'mat game' now.
He jumps on a mat and clings on while my Partner gently pulls him along :lol: Its so funny to see him going on his little 'tour of the flat' - he looks so excited :lol:

seashell

·
Registered
9 Posts
Storm1227 said:
Mine are much the same, hair ties are a fav, also, milk cap rings, pens, bottle caps, and bread ties.

Mina just loves bread ties! She gets a really intent, excited look in her eyes when she spots one. I'm the mean mommy and take them away from her -- I'm afraid she'll swallow them. I buy those chenille craft sticks (look like thick, brightly colored pipe cleaners) and make little figure 8 toys out of one for her. They're bigger than the bread ties so I'm not so paranoid about her ingesting one. Another thing she does is steal a cardboard tampax applicator out of the trash and bat it around...how embarassing if you were to have company and your cat comes into the room with a tampon applicator in her mouth! :oops: @@$$

·
Registered
5 Posts
paper balls

My fellas will play with a lot of the things you all have already mentioned. But they LOVE to play with a crumpled up paper ball. Their favorite is the wrapper from the outside of a tea bag. They swat it around like a soccer ball and steal it from each other. Sometimes one will have it in his mouth (sticking out) and the other will walk right over and swat it right out of the other's mouth. Good times.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hmm Psi just digs out his food particles and plays with those, heh. I bet I find a whole bunch of it behind the fridge.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I think almost everyone knows that Precious likes to play fetch with rolled up pieces of thin cardboard----um I mean mousies. She prefers these "handcrafted" mousies to any of her furry catnip mice. Both cats ignore balls with jingles. They like to play hide and seek and chase, so I guess their very best toy is each other!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Um...My Hamster

When I put my hamster in her runabout ball, Cleo just loves to pounce at her and bat it around but the hamster has learned to fight back and rolls right into Cleo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts