Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In between TNR and rescue, I do remodeling and new construction as a licensed contractor. this put cat food in the bowls and pays for vets!

here is an entertainment center I designed. It was a blank wall to begin with. the clients wanted an entertainment center with beverage center and a fireplace. this is what I came up with for them. they were thrilled when they saw it done. (Among other things I did for them in the remodel.)

the challenge in these houses are the slanted ceilings because roof are flat and slanted for water run off. so the top isn't a mistake. I had to design around it. I hate slanted ceilings.

Id love to see creative work that other members do. share your work!

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
I make Adirondack chairs and benches. For the most part I sell them and donate the profits to a local shelter. I'd love to make some this year for pocket $$$ since I now volunteer about 100+ hours a month!! :deal

View attachment 47818

View attachment 47826

View attachment 47834

View attachment 47842

I call the chairs my road kill chairs because I found 2 by the roadside and all rotten. I took them apart and used the pieces to make one good one then made 5 more just like them from the rotten pattern pieces.

Those cabinets are gorgeous!!!!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
omg...you guys...i mean gals....are talented!!!! i want that fireplace....NOW!!! hahaha...been thinking of getting those slim electric ones....soooo flippin expensive!!

nice job ladies...nice!

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice job on the dog bed!

Gizmothecat the fireplace is made by Napoleon. Has all the bells and whistles. Costs around $4700. Not including installation and build out for fireplace, slabs of granite, and gas line run to it. It can heat the house. They love it

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Here are a couple of my favorite chairs that I've refinished. They had about 10 layers of pain on them. You couldn't even see the detail at the top of the chair... too bad I didn't take pics! The owners originally just wanted them stripped so they could repaint them... until we stripped them and discovered they were black Walnut! So I spent days picking out the frigging paint that wouldn't come off with the stripper! Lol

After stripping View attachment 47922

View attachment 47930

All finished!
View attachment 47938 View attachment 47946 View attachment 47954

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Here's all the finished stuff waiting to go home View attachment 47962

Here's my to-do pile View attachment 47970
And another to-do pile
View attachment 47978
And a cool chair being caned. It will then be refinished and put up for sale
View attachment 47986
Some cedar doors we've stripped of paint and refinished View attachment 47994 another door I'll be sealing today and an end table I'm sanding
[ View attachment 48002

I'm a bit busy and my boss had a family emergency last night so I'm by myself all week!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
REALLY nice work, all of you!

I don't do anything so creative in my own line of work. i basically crunch numbers and do a lot of customer srvice all day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts