Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just wanted to know what some of you use as a good cat toy.

I use a laser pointer and a ping pong ball. I also use a small toy mouse that my kitten loves to bite on and throw in the air. HEHEH it's quite funny to watch her throw that thing :)

Thanks for your responses

·
Registered
761 Posts
:) I always use the laser pointer. I think it's one of the best toys. My cats are also crazy over ping pong balls, small ball of paper, hair elastics, and the toy mice you can buy at pretty much any pet store.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Nothing that kitty can swallow, strings are a big NO-NO unless supervised. Same with mouse-tails.. They love eating them and I'm still undecided of whether their dangerous or not - just in case though ;) . Also supervise when playing with a plastic bag after grocery shopping - lol.

There was also some talk on another board about laser pointers messing with animals mentally - but there is no proof of that (and kitties think its fun!)

My kitties like balls, any type of bag, and boxes...

·
Registered
28 Posts
We always get Gibson one of those sticks with the feathers attached. We call it his feather machine.He loves it so much. The only problem is since we got his new sister (a german shepherd) she will soak with spit. I think he has lost all his toys that way :evil: But anyways, feathers for Gibson are always the way to go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've placed scrunched up foil balls round the house which Tillie loves to find to tap and chase them. Tillie also has stuffed toy mice here and there. Also she has a small string ball that funny enough looks like a cats head which has a tail, it's attached to some string with a rod handle. Tillie will chase, chew and do bunny kicks on it for hours. It's a great interactive toy
One more toy and that's her Pony which she calls for, carries, licks and has a fight with.Her maternal instincts coming out there :D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
my cats/kittens love my laser pointer, hair ribbons and balls if my or my partner are around they get a bin bag to play with, and a big mousey type thing on a meter long string, which they dont get to play with alone incase they decide to nearly hang themselves

·
Registered
28 Posts
There was this one toy the Gibson loved, it was a mouse that hangs on a strechie string that hangs from door ways. He use to play with it for hours. But he will get tangled up in it and freak out. So we just cut it down and let him have the mouse.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Both my cats like the catnip toy I made them out of denim. It is a strong material so they can't rip it apart. They like to slobber on it, eww. They also like their honeysuckle wood. Samhain loves to rub her face on it. Psi likes this toy mouse that we have that squeaks when it is touched. We got it at Kroger I think. Its a great toy, just noisy hehe. They also like paper balls but Samhain rips them apart and skatters paper ALL over the house. We have yet to get a laser pen but we want to try one.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
All of my cats have loved large paper bags. I'm tempted to buy that crinkly sounding tunnel I've seen in the window of pet shops. Right now the favorite toy is a rolled up piece of cardboard that I throw and Precious retrieves. She likes it better than her catnip mice. Neither of them likes the balls with bells inside, for some reason.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Jet seems to have a habit of shunning all the expensive stuff I get him for Christmas and playing with things like newspapers and pencils, but last year I did quite well in buying him a set of ping pong balls. Simple, cheap and hours of fun! Another toy he likes is a furry mouse he's had since he was a kitten. It's aged considerably and doesn't really look like a mouse anymore, but it has a rattle inside, which drives him crazy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's funny though for us, we buy Luna some toys mostly ping pong balls and a small mouse, we just leave them on the ground for her to play with whenever she gets bored and she loves them but the funny thing is after playing with them I can't seem to ever find them. I don't think she means to hide them on us or anything because I have find them perhaps a couple of times and that was about a month ago or so but since then I can't find them.

By the time I do find them we'll have huge collection of cat toys. :)

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Another member found the stash all in one place, and not long after that, I found all the missing toys together too-under the love seat. I thought they were lost, but both cats go under there often, so they knew where they were! :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Our cat adores milk ties and paper balls. I'm sure most cats do.

We used to use a wand a lot but my kitty would sometimes end up attacking my hand with a lot of force. Ouchie!

One of the best things I've bought for our cat is this bubble catnip. I use this when she's being restless and fussy. She doesn't really go after the bubbles most of the time, she's almost hypnotized by them. They really calm her down and that's nice!

·
Registered
917 Posts
i got a laser pen for cujo and he goes nuts for it. only, he figured out that the light comes from the pen, and so whenever he gots bored he jumps up on the desk (where he's not supposed to be) and knocks the pen off. i feel sorry for the girl downstairs, hearing all these lound bangs in the middle of the night!! sometimes i have to put it in a drawer. also, i was playing with him one morning after he bit me awake, but i wanted to go back to sleep so i was just holding the pen, lying in bed. but whenever i turned it off, he attacked the pen in my hand! he's such a smart kitty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts