Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nowadays I can't go toward the garage without at least 1 kitty following wanting to go out there. Squeek will actually peep and meow at the door. Once its open, out they go, be it cold, hot, whatever! I need to learn cat herding to get them back in the house! Only thing that works is shaking the treat bag, and Lickorish doesn't always go for that.

Now they've discovered the crawlspace under the living room (entrance is from the garage). OK, its my fault, I let them in there one day. Now I can't get them out. Now Squeek peeps and meows until I open the crawlspace door.:-? Once in there, its hard to coax them out. I think they like looking out the little window into the front yard.

I guess I can only blame myself for letting them discover the garage and crawlspace. The worries are 1) they get in the garage and we don't see them when we need to leave in the car and 2) I leave the door to the garage open so they can come back in the house, but I don't want to do that if its cold out and 3) prefer to leave the crawlspace door closed so rodents can't get in, although with 2 cats in there I don't think they'd last long if they did.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Smells, sounds, spirit of adventure ? All are part of their instincts I guess. Mice can get in a 1/4" crack, under siding, or gain access thru the smallest space, like under a garage door....check for their droppings under and around things in the crawlspace. Trap if necessary.

My cats catch an occassional mouse but it takes a lot of time. First they find out where it has been, is, and then they wait..and wait....and finally the critter comes out one night and wham......we find a mutilated corpse if we are lucky....Can't use poison as they could injest it...sometimes I use a trap where they can't go.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I find cats both love routine, the same things, and novelty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts