• 11 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The times I've slept best I've felt really good on 6 hours of sleep, though I've usually needed more recently.

Vote for total sleep in a day - for example, if you think it's best to sleep 4 hours at night and 1 hour in the afternoon, vote for 5 hours, not 4.

G

·
0 Posts
I chose 11 or more.

I've got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and I could sleep 10 years and still not feel refreshed.

It's pitiful. As soon as I wake up I'm looking forward to a nap. :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
I chose 11 or more. I LOVE sleeping. My boyfriend gets up early in the morning, even on weekends. I have NO idea how he can stand that! If I am rushed to get up or told what time to get up, I don't like it. I would rather just get up when I want to get up!

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I chose eight hours. Six or seven hours used to get me by just fine, but I now need eight to function at my best. Too much sleep I feel groggy and end up with a headache. :?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I chose 11 or more because I never get it. :lol:

Ideally it's eight hours, seven is not a problem and usually what I get. I can function on five or six hours of sleep but not for a few days in a row.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I have heard it is ideal to sleep 8 hours a night and to go to sleep before 11 pm (which I hardly ever do since I am a night owl 8) but I would like to discipline my body and mind and do so). I think the rest we get before 11 pm it is called celestial sleep and that it is the most restful, effective for our health. When I did so I found this statement to be true - I felt fresher in the morning (not to mention ABLE to get up in the morning without hitting the alarm clock 10 guazillion times; I would have to place it to a walking distance to make sure I get up - I am a BAD morning person. My eyes scream PULL DOWN THE BLINDS :lol: and no way to Rise and Shine :p. I will do better, pwomiss :oops:

·
Registered
637 Posts
I chose 10 and do get that. If I don't I get frequent migraines and that really sucks. On the days I get less I'll take an hour nap or something. That's usually the weekend. I just need a lot of sleep. :lol:

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Actually, every body is different in regards to how much sleep they actually need. Supposedly, you know you are getting enough sleep when you wake up naturally (without an alarm clock) and do not feel tired at all during the day. 8O Yeah right, so realistically, I get about 4 to 6 hours a night (at least I try).

Here's a really interesting site all about sleep for anyone who wants to browse. Some of the FAQ's are real eye-openers.
http://www.sleepfoundation.org/default.cfm

·
Registered
637 Posts
You are just a great fact finder Jessica! I didn't know resless leg syndrome was hereditary. My mom and sister suffer from it and at times I've had it. I just didn't know there was a name for it! I always called it - "icy feeling in my legs, ouch and they're cramping!" It always felt like the calcium was being sucked from my bones!

edit: oops, spelling error

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Doremi ^

:lol: Actually, I had this link already because I once did a paper on sleep. Pretty interesting. I do have a lot of random links and such though. :oops:

Yeah, most people don't realize there is such a thing as "Restless Leg Syndrome", much less that it can run in the family. That's what's interesting about this site - common things that no one thinks are all that important.

·
Registered
637 Posts
jessamica8 said:
Yeah, most people don't realize there is such a thing as "Restless Leg Syndrome", much less that it can run in the family. That's what's interesting about this site - common things that no one thinks are all that important.
I love stuff like that! If you have any other great links send 'em my way~ :D

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I would say 8 or more. I never get it though. I actually feel refreshed if I get to sleep in. For example...even if I went to bed at 4am if I get to sleep past 10.

I actually haven't got a full good nights sleep in months though. I would do about anything to sleep in! The puppy wakes up every day around 7 am and the kitties wake up between 7 and 8 crying for breakfast!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I try to get 8. Last night I slept for 10 because I wasn't feeling well. I feel better this morning. I'm always sleepy around 2:30 in the afternoon, though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts