Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just adopted two 2-year old cats from my local Humane Society. They were littermates and are really tightly attached brothers. One is a brown/black tabby and the other is el gato negro, and I named them Simon and Sebastian....(I'm a firm believer cats deserve intellectual sounding british names)

Anyhow, they were brought to some kennel to stay while their previous owners went on vacation...but those scumbag owners never picked them up. Apparently they stayed in a kennel full of dogs for one entire year before the kennel brought them to the Humane Society for adoption.

As a result of this, they act like dogs! It's so awesome, I love it. My cat Simon (tabby) is far more affectionate than his brother, and he wags his tail when he's happy, begs for table scraps, meows a lot and licks me all the time.

I just got them two days ago, so maybe they'll be more wacky in time.

PS: Yesterday I was drinking a cup of milk, and when I had finished it I set the cup on the coffee table. You know how when you finish a cup of something, there's always a tiny bit at the bottom...well, Simon wanted that little bit of milk so he stuck his head in the cup and tried to lick it.

He couldn't quite reach so he went deeper...deeper...finally he got to the milk, licked it up quickly and then it happened. He looked around, but the cup was still stuck on his head! It was so funny I thought I was rupturing internal organs from laughing so hard. He wandered around the table blindly, knocking things over before stumbling, falling off the table, and knocking it off his face. He just stared at it in bewilderment for a minute and went to go sleep on top of my aquarium.

Cats, what a good decision!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
My boyfriend Simon will be glad to know you think his name is intellectual sounding lol!!

Dylan LOVES to lick me and he even grooms Simon's hair for him when he has had a shower in the mornings. He also loves to try and attack my belly button piercing and earings for some reason and he runs everywhere! He can't just walk through the hall - he has on occassion ran into doors doing this.

He also does this cute jump up in the air and pounces on things. I think he learnt it from his lil Birman litter mates who always did it. His breeder says she has never seen any of them do it before.

When he wants food he balances on his hind legs which is pretty cute.

None of this has been taught at all either as he is only 4 months old!

hayley x x

·
Registered
282 Posts
My Lucky cat will yell and yell to get attention and then when you go to pet her she falls over on her side, kersplat! She also plays dead sometimes. She will wiggle and wiggle and make all sorts of noise, and then when I look over she stops and stays absolutely still. I call her Noodle because of all her wiggliness.

Keira turns into an inchworm when I pet her. She starts creeping across the floor, looking for something hard to rub her head against. She just wiggles her fat tummy and scoots around, all the while purring louder than I've ever heard before. She also likes to smack the top of her head against the metal coffee table. :roll:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My mom's cat, Prince, also acts like a dog. We have often joked that he was raised by one. He wags his tail, follows them around the house, and waits by the window for them to get home. When they get home, he runs to meet them at the door, and then proceeds to run all over the house in excitement. He has this toy that looks like a snake that he carries everywhere and sleeps with. He will bring it to you to play fetch :lol: What a funny guy :D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
When Thomas is chasing Kitty, she runs and jumps up on something, whips around so that she's laying down facing him and holds her front paws straight out in front of her, in the air, pointing at Thomas...her front legs are so stiff...like she's holding her paws out as far as she can. I always imagine she's yelling..."STOP!"

Sometimes it actually works. :D

Thomas is just plain weird. But the oddest thing that he does is that he loves to be by Kitty. All the time (unfortunately she doesn't care for him). On the odd occasion when he is being nice, she'll let him groom her. I think he needs lessons though. When he grooms her back he always licks the fur in the opposite direction that it grows...then it dries like that and she has to walk around looking like she was in a windstorm.

·
Registered
327 Posts
My cat corey may look like a cat...but acts like a dog! when he feels like playin...he likes to chase after me..he''l just keep running and running after me...and when i stop he just stops and acts like hes going to sleep and i finally move and here he goes again andchases after me...! :D

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Franny showers with me. She literally gets in the bathtub and stands there while I take a shower. When I'm done, she gets out and sits on the bathroom rug and very meticulously shakes off one paw at a time and then grooms herself as i put my makeup on. It's so funny. And if i get in there before she can get into the bathroom she'll stand outside and cry. Hee, hee.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Franny showers with me. She literally gets in the bathtub and stands there while I take a shower. When I'm done, she gets out and sits on the bathroom rug and very meticulously shakes off one paw at a time and then grooms herself as i put my makeup on. It's so funny. And if i get in there before she can get into the bathroom she'll stand outside and cry. Hee, hee.
That is SO funny :lol: Has she always done this? How old is she? Did you have her as a kitten and teach her to do this? Lot s of questions, but that is the cutest thing I have ever heard a cat do! :D

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I've had her since she was about 7 weeks old and she has always followed me places. Well after a few weeks of her popping her head in the shower and just peeping around the shower curtain, she jumped up and stood along the side of the tub. She'd balance along the side for a while until one day she kinda slid off. She fell into the tub and then jump out and ran to the door. I kept doing my thing and a few minutes later she hopped right on in and it's been our routine ever since. I guess she realized it wasn't so bad after all.
She's 4 now, so it's been a while. She also lay on my chest and kneads into me for hours if i let her...i think she thinks i'm her mom, hee, hee. For the first 2 years or so she'd lay on my pillow at night and curl up around my head to sleep, but she's become a little more independent in the last few years. We have a kitten in the house now, so she's been a little different in her routines lately, but still won't miss her mornin' shower.

·
Registered
562 Posts
but still won't miss her mornin' shower
That IS about the funniest thing I have ever heard. Dusty very often sits on the edge of the sink and watches me brush my teeth or put on make-up. But I don't think he's ever tried to get in the shower with me!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
That's funny too. Franny has sat in the sink at times too, but she does that on her own accord. I usually find her hanging out inthe sink on her own time. She used to drink out of it, but now that we have the fountain, she's not in there so much.

What's even funnier is that she will FLIP OUT if i try to GIVE her a bath. She acts like someone is really hurting her or she's being tortured, but has no problem climbing into the shower. Silly!

G

·
0 Posts
Snickers like to watch the toilet being flushed. He also gets on top of the shower door and tries to catch the water coming out of the shower head.

·
Registered
20 Posts
jshaffer44 said:
I've had her since she was about 7 weeks old and she has always followed me places. Well after a few weeks of her popping her head in the shower and just peeping around the shower curtain, she jumped up and stood along the side of the tub. She'd balance along the side for a while until one day she kinda slid off. She fell into the tub and then jump out and ran to the door. I kept doing my thing and a few minutes later she hopped right on in and it's been our routine ever since. I guess she realized it wasn't so bad after all.
She's 4 now, so it's been a while. She also lay on my chest and kneads into me for hours if i let her...i think she thinks i'm her mom, hee, hee. For the first 2 years or so she'd lay on my pillow at night and curl up around my head to sleep, but she's become a little more independent in the last few years. We have a kitten in the house now, so she's been a little different in her routines lately, but still won't miss her mornin' shower.
Yes Ty will sit and need me forever!!! She hates her nails cut so it can be painful for me(heehee). But I love her so she gets her way!! She used to sleep right on my face and now she sleeps where ever her fat butt will fit on me!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wacky girl.

Well the first day I brought her home she got herself stuck under the fridge, and that was the begining of the wacky things to come. She also likes to throw everything out of my dresser if I leave it open, and don't ask me how she gets her fat butt in behind the silverware drawer either. :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
(I'm a firm believer cats deserve intellectual sounding british names)
Totally! Our little boy is named Oliver.
So far he wags his tail when he's happy and hops like a bunny around the house.
It's to die for!
:D

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Ashley is always hiding in various cupboards around the house. She can open them herself, too, so she just climbs on in and we are forever getting a surprise when we open up a cupboard and Ashley is looking up at us :lol: A few days ago, I heard her meowing and I couldn't tell where it was coming from. I FINALLY found her......in this teeny tiny drawer that goes under my bed. The drawer was full of stuff, too-and completely closed. I have NO IDEA how she got herself in there 8O :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have two 6-month old kittens. Ferdy (the boy) likes to drag his lead out of the dresser drawer when he's feeling particularly desperate to go outside (they go outside without leads now, but supervised). I find it amazing he still remembers what the lead is used for! Isabella doesn't get out the lead but if Ferdy does or someone else does, she'll go right up to the person who has the lead and wait to be harnessed up. :lol:
They also love the shower. They sit on the bathmat while I have a shower and jump on the door chasing the drops of water. After I'm done they'll get in the cubicle and lick up the water, or just sit staring at the water. :roll: :D Oh they do so many strange things but they're the only two I can think of at the moment.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Heres some wierd things my cats do.

My cat Liza will sleep on her back with her feet sticking into the air.Its really funny.She will also sometimes just sit like a human does.She will lean against a wall and just sit like that.She also gets so into playing with a piece of string or a bug flying around she will jump up to 5 feet in the air and almost does a flip..o_O..She can get crazy at times.
Oreo,my newist kitten is completely crazy..He pulls off table cloths,grabs strings and towels and crazily drags them throught the house.He will sleep on his back (like liza) and rolls around in his sleep.He also likes to run sideways alot...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow, I thought Allie was one of the few cats that acts like a dog, but it seems some of you guys have one too! Its so amazing that she knows exactly when I'll be home and I can see her little head bobbing in the window watching me come up the driveway! I think she must be able to tell time in her head or something. She also likes to sleep under the covers with me and put her head on the pillow, so she looks like a little person.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jessicat ~ my cat sleeps on his back with his 4 paws up in the air and his big belly exposed too. He likes to do this in the middle of the kitchen floor. Sometimes he is so deep asleep that he looks almost like a dead fish.

He also does this digging motion before he drinks. It's a ritual. There is nothing to dig though, because the kitchen floor is tiled.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts