Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone was listening to a radio talk show-very political... Anyway I caught part of it. I must have heard wrong...

*Is the drug violence in Mexico spreading into Texas?
*Are there American 'minuteman' groups along the border,gearing up for-not my words!!!-war?
*Does Chuck Norris advocate this extremist stuff?

I thought, BASICALLY,Chuck Norris was a levelheaded guy.

OT,has he ever done a comedy?

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Chuck Norris has written a book which encourages a return to the vision of our Founding Fathers, a solution to the border problems in Texas, and a return to morality, according to this review:

Norris includes insights from our Founders on a host of today's issues and problems (as Norris calls them, 'old solutions for new problems'), such as those on restoring good government, reducing taxes and debt (national and personal), addressing border and immigration issues, raising youth, establishing morality and civility, and even enhancing good nutritional habits (yes, Thomas Jefferson spoke about that too). Norris obviously has a great handle on cultural issues, pundicy, and research, as the reference works cited throughout the book are reputable and scholarly resources--well-known and widely-used in each particular field of study. (The End
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Black- ... 1596985582

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Yes, the drug violence IS spreading in to Texas. I heard yesterday that Mexico was sending their very own troops to the border! Many pundits are telling parents of college age kids to NOT allow them to take their spring break at any of the various vacation hot spots also.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I remember when 2kids3cats posted about her church going to Mexico to build some homes I had only recently heard a news program discussing the war-zone-like area of the Mexican borders. The firepower alone is what the news program was focusing on, along with additional law enforcement to try to control to roving gangs of violence.

Chuck Norris at IMDb (Internet Movie Database). Scroll down for a list of his roles.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001569/

Sidekicks, wasn't that a comedy? Hm, maybe not. It is listed as Action/Adventure. It appears he mostly does only serious roles...unless he appeared as himself in another flick/show just for laughs for that particular filming.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
It’s a huge problem in California, Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico.

Yes the drug cartel violence is coming over the border and into the US. They go up to Phoenix Arizona (3 1/2 hour drive from border) and kidnap and murder people. They have no fear of reprisal from the US government.

Coyotes bringing in illegals now use firearms against citizens they meet along the way. So do drug smugglers bringing in drugs via packhorses. They are doing damage to property, stealing, robbing. Its a problem for those who live along the border don’t get the protection they should. I’m sure Chuck Norris’s book is a response to solve it without waiting on the government any longer since they’ve turned a blind eye the last 8 years.

There are no answers in site. I have hope with Janet Napolitano being appointed to Homeland Security will implement constructive changes that work.

I could keep you in stories. My sub whose friend was shot thru his truck while picking up building materials in Nogales. Another sub out hunting and saw drug smuggler with pack horses. They feared for their lives and packed up and left. They wouldnt hesitate to kill anyone.

I have to say I appreicate our Canadian friends after living on this border.

·
Registered
62 Posts
WOW, that is scary! When hubby was in the Navy and we were stationed in California, we lived in San Ysidro and I worked in Chula Vista. This was in the late '80s. I've heard that now San Ysidro, National City and Chula Vista are so dangerous that you don't dare go there anymore. Any Californians here? Is that true?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
For those who actually HAVE a life (unlike me), you will probably not have heard of the Chuck Norris internet thing... and how incredibly funny that book now seems. (in context with the internet thing obviously, and not the problem).

He's an internet legend of epic proportions. Rick Astley has got NOTHING on him. Nothing.

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/ - This sparked it all off.

As for the problem, as long as there are buyers, there will be sellers. Supply and demand.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Whether or not it's safe depends on where you go. I haven't heard any reports of unusual or elevated crime where I am right now, in the south of Mexico, and I haven't felt in danger. But I have heard of the escalating problems along the border, and it's scary.

It's a crazy world out there.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
You use to read about the kidnappings and murders in Colombia and think how brutal they were down there. Why isnt their government stopping it?

Now its in our own backyards. Our government is doing nothing. I never beleived that would happen here! guess what! It does! Its not how I want to live. You cant even take drives in the country here. They have signs posted to keep your doors locked and not to pick anyone up. How sad is that. We have some of the most beautiful canyons and hiking areas but they arent safe anymore.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
The answer to your first question is simple. There's a LOT of money in drugs. Way more than any ligitmate business.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you think the U.S. might be a little...SLANTED,in it's policies toward drugs and illegal immigration? I mean we're all gung-ho about traffic,human and otherwise coming from MEXICO. Are we so fanatic about the CANADIAN border? And...y'know...aren't the majority of Mexican illegals just poor,desperate people trying to find work and/ or a better life? What kind of MACHISMO do you need against 1 man,his wife,and terrified children? Geraldo Riviera was reviewing his new book HIS PANIC and I think for once,he's right on the Peso.

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Mitts & Tess said:
It’s a huge problem in California, Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico.

Yes the drug cartel violence is coming over the border and into the US. They go up to Phoenix Arizona (3 1/2 hour drive from border) and kidnap and murder people. They have no fear of reprisal from the US government.

Coyotes bringing in illegals now use firearms against citizens they meet along the way. So do drug smugglers bringing in drugs via packhorses. They are doing damage to property, stealing, robbing. Its a problem for those who live along the border don’t get the protection they should. I’m sure Chuck Norris’s book is a response to solve it without waiting on the government any longer since they’ve turned a blind eye the last 8 years.

There are no answers in site. I have hope with Janet Napolitano being appointed to Homeland Security will implement constructive changes that work.

I could keep you in stories. My sub whose friend was shot thru his truck while picking up building materials in Nogales. Another sub out hunting and saw drug smuggler with pack horses. They feared for their lives and packed up and left. They wouldnt hesitate to kill anyone.

I have to say I appreicate our Canadian friends after living on this border.
Since Merry lives with this fear, I think she knows better than we do. I have not heard of this kind of problem along the Canadian border.

It's not impossible to get into this country, but it requires applying for a green card and waiting. If there weren't so many illegal entries, I'm sure the wait would not be so long. I had dear young friends who worked at a Mexican restaurant. I felt as if they were my sons. However, they got sent back--no green card. They were such hard workers, and they loved their families dearly, sent most of their paychecks home. However, because of those who are carrying drugs or guns, the wait will just get longer for the honest people. :(

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have spent my entire life living within a short drive from the Canadian border. I have never seen, nor have I ever heard of, trouble concerning the Canadian border.

The socioeconomics make a big difference.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
bluemilk said:
Do you think the U.S. might be a little...SLANTED,in it's policies toward drugs and illegal immigration? I mean we're all gung-ho about traffic,human and otherwise coming from MEXICO. Are we so fanatic about the CANADIAN border? And...y'know...aren't the majority of Mexican illegals just poor,desperate people trying to find work and/ or a better life? What kind of (tee-hee) MACHISMO do you need against 1 man,his wife,and terrified children? Geraldo Riviera was reviewing his new book HIS PANIC and I think for once,he's right on the Peso.
Bluemilk it really is bad here. Spill overs of gun fights on job sites in sleepy little retirement communities near the border in Green Valley. Automatic weapons being used in gun fights in Tubac last summer on their streets from drug warlords.

Its not just nice people trying to get over the boarder to work. Do you know over 400 people died in the desert between Nogales and Tucson last year trying to get in illegally. We have no room for all of them at the morge. They have to use refridgeration trucks to store the bodies its so bad.

They are taking jobs americans want. Esp in construction which dishonest people employ them at slave labor wages. Im friends with the district attorney who thinks I shouldnt drive at night on hwy 19 because of all he deals with along this route up from Mexico. I do anyway or I wouldnt have a life.

My banker was complaining to me that there was gun fire by her kids bus stop from coyotes bringing illegals over the border. Let alone think of the cost of employing border patrol to stop this mess.

We dont have these issues with Canada cuz their government isnt corrupt like Mexicos. They take care of their people better is my take.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
It's very, very bad here, too. San Diego is right next to the Tijuana border. Right now, they're trying to get the military to stop going there. Problem is, the drinking age is 18, so high school and college kids go there, too. It's especially dangerous right now. The cartel has been dumping headless bodies on our side of the border as warnings not to interfere.

There were 843 killings in Tijuana in 2008, compared to 337 the year before.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Where is the national media on this story of drugs, death & mayhem crossing our borders? Is the media deliberately suppressing it? There's been nothing on cable, in my newspapers or on the blogs I visit either! Wouldn't you think the various media would be screaming about this problem? I mean, isn't it all about them selling newspapers, magazines & news programs on TV?? I've personally read very little about it. What gives anyway??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts