Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok- here's the story:

last night, monday, i took away the cats' food because kat was going to be spayed today (tuesday). well, this morning i got a call and the vet was out sick, so i rescheduled the spay for friday and put out food. kat was very hyper, begging for attention, jumping in my lap, head butting, meowing. then i went to school about 8:40 am. my bf called about 4:00 pm and said that kat threw up. he described the vomit as gray, oatmeal consistency with small dark chunks. she threw up again a little later, mostly a bile kinda thing. ever since, she has been extremely lethargic, sitting on the chair and not moving. she won't eat, not even wet food or her favorite treats, and as far as he knows hasn't drank any water. my bf says she got up once to urinate in the box, then went back to the chair. he said she wouldn't move when he petted her, not in like or dislike of touching. i just got home from work, it's now 1 am. she was still on the chair when i got home, but after i came to pet her she got up. she just walked to the hallway and sat down, kinda hunched over and didn't really want me to pet her. she walked around a bit, very slow and tail down, and got back on the chair. my bf says that she had been happy and hyper until she puked. she has also been very quiet since the puking, no meowing or purring, she just growled at cujo when he tried to play.

he called the vet around 5:00 pm and they said to call them in the morning if there wasn't any change, and if she got worse call the emergency vet.

does anyone know what the problem could be? i'm very worried about her!

p.s.- noticed she will go sit near the litter box and stare at it for a bit, then go back to the chair. i scooped the box thuroghly, found nothing odd. could this be a bathroom problem? she did pee once.

2 am- she still refuses water and food.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
that does sound worrying. I hope the visit to the vet will throw some light on this problem
~hugs~

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hmmm......Maybe she ate too fast and then threw up? That's what happens once in a while to my cats. Dunga threw up this Monday few times (I'm not sure why-ate too fast? ate something she shouldn't? the food wasn't good?) and she stayed very quiet the whole day. She wouldn't eat for loooong time. And she wouldn't play or anything... On Tuesday morning she was fine - ate, played,...

Maybe Kat still feels bad in the stomach and that's why she isn't as usual. In any case, I would take her to the vet if it continues.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, when i woke up this morning she was acting totally normal. i'm going to watch her and make sure she uses the box. she ate a little bit, so thats good. maybe she was just feeling all icky after puking.
we thought maybe it was cause she ate too much too quick, but the lethargy seemed weird. but she seems ok now.

luckily, neither of us have to work tonight so we can keep a close eye on her.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I think she will be ok. I was worried about Dunga too. She usually has very strong stomach (compare to Yoda) and I don't know what happened to her. She wasn't herself after she puked...the whole day she was mostly sleeping and she wouldn't eat or play.

I'm still watching her but she seems to back in normal.

I'm glad your girl is fine now. :)

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I'm so glad she's doing well. I hope she stays well! Isn't it strange how we care -not only about people we've never met, but also about their pets. We do care though. :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's cause we now how it would feel if it happened to our pets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts