Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's been limping on and off for on the front right leg for the last few months. limps for 3 days then fine for 2 weeks then limps again for a couple more days and then fine again :S his skin also feels a lil weird like it's loose or something. any ideas ?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I would take her to the vet, it sounds like there is something wrong with her leg and she might need radiographs.

As for the skin, cats naturally have pretty loose skin. It's a safe-guard, in case they are grabbed it is easier for them to twist free from their attacker.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Is your cat elderly? 12 yrs or older? Is there any tenderness to the joints on leg when he is limping? It might be some arthritis, which can come and go. Does he go off his foot when he's limping? If so, he may be in pain. When he's limping take him to a vet to be checked out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There's also a possibility he has pulled a muscle. Something like that can come and go until it fully heals. Does he lick at that leg a lot?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Correction to my previous post. should have read: "does he go off his food", not his "foot".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys. he's only 2. nuterted a big boy not fat but just generally big. He's not off his food he's still lovin the dinners. I try to get him to vet reguarly but it's extremely hard to get him in the car. and for a few days after doesn't enjoy myself to much, with hiding under the bed. he is licking his leg though, so what does that mean ?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Hard to say, may have an abscess from a bite from another cat. Should be checked by a vet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay his leg has pus coming out. i think it's a bite from my other cat. i can't get him to the vet untill tommorow as i don't have a emergency vet within 2 and half ours.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
It sounds like an abscess, and the good news is your vet will know exactly what to do! Your cat will probably need antibiotics, and they might have to lance it in order to drain it. Good luck, I hope he feels better soon!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well it's in the middle of the night, he came up and jumped on me looking for his bickeys. swelling has gone down, but i don't think his sucking up to me will get him out of a vet visit :p

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
It's good that it's draining. Wash the abscess with salt water to keep the wound open and draining. If he becomes lethargic, goes off his food, he will need to see a vet for antibiotics. Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts