Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
George's favorite toys, *paws* down :lol: , is a Hershey's ice cream topping cap. Forget all the store-bought toys!

I'm not sure what they're called but Herbie plays with those crinkled foil balls. He also likes the plastic balls that have jingle bells inside them.

We have an emptied out box that we use for their toy box and when Herbie wants something he will actually go to the box and sift through the toys until he finds the one he wants, and then he drags it out on the floor and starts playing with it! It's so cute and, personally, I think it's kind of smart too. To me, it proves that animals have some level of reasoning activity of the brain in order for them to make a decision like that. :p

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
We bought them some mice and a rabbits foot a while ago and they seemed indifferent. A few weeks ago we pulled them out and they've been going crazy over them ever since. :lol:

They also like any sort of toy that you can dangle in front of their face.

·
Registered
52 Posts
missy luvs aluminum foil screwed up in a ball and thrown, she plays catch, u throw it she will catch it and bring it back, :lol: like a dog she is soo gorgeous

:wink:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Yoda & Dunga loves the "bird" toy. I bought it after I read article by Dr. Jean and they go crazy about it! They also like all kind of balls and mice.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is "the bird" toy? I'm looking for something to get the cats interested in at night to wear them out so they sleep a little longer.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It's called Da Bird. It's really amazing! It sounds like a bird. ONce they destroy it, you can buy replacement; so you don't have to buy the whole thing again. I can't find the replacements where I live so I"m thinking to order them on the web site.

Check out this web site:

http://clk.about.com/?zi=1/XJ&sdn=cats& ... atId%3D550

Also, you can read Dr.Jean's article where she explains how to use it:

http://www.littlebigcat.com/index.php?a ... w&item=012

I hope that helps.

I think it's a great toy. Our both cats love it. I play with it only once a day and then I put it away.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks, sentimentalgirl! So, if I've got this right, does it require that my husband or I walk around with this toy and let them jump up at it or do you tie it to something?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Paws down, Gracie's toy of choice is the Cat Dancer! There's no contest, unless you count the balls of yarn she spread all over the living room when I was trying to tie a quilt today :lol:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
ndkittymom said:
Hey thanks, sentimentalgirl! So, if I've got this right, does it require that my husband or I walk around with this toy and let them jump up at it or do you tie it to something?
You have to hold the stick in your hand. You don't really have to walk, just stay on one place and move it with your hand. They will go nuts! You should give it try.

I bought yesterday Lase Chase and I think that's a great toy too. Makes the cats really tired. BUT Dr. Jean said to use it just occasionaly. You can look here:

http://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=34166#34166

·
Registered
865 Posts
Moby's favorites are small rabbit fur mice, but he keep batting them under the couch and I don't feel like retrieving them hourly.

He used to have another rabbit fur mouse that looked (and was the size of) a small guinea pig, but he eventually destroyed it. He has another all white one now that he likes, and is too big to get under the couch. I got a brown one for christmas that has a string attached to drag it but - go figure - he's SCARED of it. I have no idea why - it's the only one that looks like an actual wild mouse/rat.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's no contest, unless you count the balls of yarn she spread all over the living room when I was trying to tie a quilt today
Yeah, come to think of it, I cross stitch a lot and I really have to watch it if the cats are in the living with me at the time I stitch. Sometimes I get nothing done except to yank the string away from the cats.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not all of my cats play with toys, but the one they continually play with is a plastic ball with a tiny round bell inside. Chrissie is the one that I usually buy toys for, as the others often chime in after he gets playing with something.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Gracie's Mom said:
Paws down, Gracie's toy of choice is the Cat Dancer! There's no contest, unless you count the balls of yarn she spread all over the living room when I was trying to tie a quilt today :lol:
This is Lola and Molly's favorite toy too! As for toys they play with on their own, they love those furry mice quite a bit.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Anything is fair game for our two. Pipe cleaners made into a ring or tied to the end of a string, string with a knot at the end, we have a moose door draft dodger (filled with buckwheat hulls that you lay against the bootom of the door to block drafty air) that Coco just drags everywhere around the house.

I will build a tent or tunnel out of sofa cushions and drape a small cotton throw blanket over it, they just love them! They play fetch if something is thrown in there. They LOVE the laser pointer. I have never seen paws move so quickly to try and get it. We have a wand toy that has a tail-like piece of fur on it that they go crazy over. The plastic ring around the gallon milk containers...... look out. They always seem interested in any kind of plastic crinkly things. They both will seek out and find the adjuster strings to any mini blind in the house. Most of the toys they play with to death are the ones we don't buy...........they sort of "discover" on their own.

*EDIT* I forgot to add one. Coco loves this loop of velcro that I made for him. He entertains himself for long time periods with that. He likes to carry it around in his mouth, and play soccer with it. I swear our guys are part dog. *end EDIT*

I think we will try the "da bird" that was already mentioned.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts