Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is 1 couch and 4 chairs. 1 person has been stretched out on the couch. A roommate then comes into the room and wants to sit on the couch.

Should:
A) person 1 sacrifice their comfort to allow the second person to sit on the couch even though there are 4 empty chairs?

or

B) person 2 sit in one of the chairs since person 1 was on the couch first even though they'd rather be on the couch?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hmm that depends on the people I suppose and how comfy the chairs are. If it's those big squishy chairs you sink into then I reckon the chair is ok. Personally I would sit up and offer the person the sofa beside me. Actually that's a bit of a lie. The cats would have the sofa and I'd already be on the chair :D

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Ahhhh, it's great living alone. However, if the boyfriend comes over and wants to sit on the couch, he has to pay the toll: one kiss and a foot rub. =oD I usually settle for just a kiss though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If the fiance wants to sit on the couch while I'm on it, he has to work around me, and use me as a pillow instead of the armrest. He complains about my bony hip all the time. :p

Roommates... I don't know how that works. I don't deal well with sharing. My brother and I share a lot, but the objects in question are always his or mine, and the owner gets last say. If he's on my couch, I say, "Move," and he moves. I love being the big sister. ;)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
If it were me walking into the room, I'd sit on one of the chairs unless they were known to all roommates as being the "crappy" chairs that no one wants. "First come, first serve."

In my house, my boyfriend always gets the couch... and I get the recliner! :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
icklemiss21 said:
yes, if you want space on the sofa... you must bring beer or at least chocolate.
I agree with icklemiss! :D although not so much the beer cuz i'm under age :oops: So i'd say chocolate or COWTAILS!! :lol:

But no i don't think the person on the couch should have to give there spot up they WERE there first, i wouldn't give up the couch if there were 4 empty chairs lol :wink: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts