Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if this post is too long just read the last paragraph.

my kittens are 7 weeks old. they've been in my room for 3 days now (food and litter also), and seem to be adjusting quite while. they do they're cycling of eat, poop, play, and sleep and occasionally try to mess with my wiring or valuables which i try to stop them from doing.

ultimately, i'd like them to sleep downstairs while i have a litter box in my upstair restroom and one downstairs by the kitchen.

When did you folks let your kitties roam your house? when would be a good time for me? i'm just worried because there's no one that can supervise them when everyone's in their rooms. how do i go about making this the easiest possible transition for them?

·
Registered
95 Posts
when we got Electra (she's 2) we kept her in the bedroom for a few days b/c it was a bigger house than the one she previously lived at and there was also another cat and dog here. Eventually she got comfortable and we let her roam around freely.

with the kitten, we left her in the bedroom for a couple days but we let her out pretty quick. she ran around upstairs and didnt go downstairs at all. once she was acquainted with electra she'd follow her around and she'd run downstairs. we tried not to keep her confined and let her run around when she was ready

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I let my first cat roam free right when I got her. She ended getting herself into all kinds of trouble! My youngest one was restriced when I first got him. After a week or so I let him roam free and he seemed to do fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts