Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my 5 month old kitten some catnip and she doesn't like it... sooo i know that some cats dont have any reaction to it, but i'm just wondering when do cats start to react to it if they do like it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I believe I read it to be around 9-10 months, but I could be mistaken. Callie just turned 9 months old a few days ago, so out came the catnip.....he got a little excitement over it, but not much. However, it's the most I've ever gotten out of him. He's well on his way....I can't wait! They're so funny on the stuff.... :lol: :lol: Bailey still couldn't care less...he's still got a couple months to go. :wink:

katsprat

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Most often, I read that they will not react to it unitl they are about a year old. My older cat could care less about catnip until she was at least 2 years old. My four month old kitten has already shown an interest...(she smells it and licks it and rubs all over on the floor when it's around).

I think it depends on the cat, but your kitten's reaction is NOT uncommon. Some cats never grow to like it, but usually it just takes time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts