Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kitten is so strange sometimes. She is the most cuddly, NOT when I come home, NOT at night time, and NOT if I'm sitting on the couch. She is the most cuddly...when I'm going the bathroom! She follows me in and starts immediately meowing. She tries to climb up my pant leg if I don't pick her up or she jumps from the sink. If I put my hand down to pick her up, she grabs me with her two front paws and hangs on for dear life! As soon as she's on my lap... She goes nuts. She rubs her face all over my legs and arms. She purrs like crazy. If I stop petting her, she nudges my hand until I start again. She's such a goofball!

Anyone else have a crazy cuddle experience?!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
354 Posts
well, does Marble sitting on my lap as I type count? Mostly she doesn't hang near me like Kermit does. (He is constantly near me, not clingy, just want petting, rubbing or just laying next to me

But Marble is small, 5lbs, so I don't mind till I need to move my legs. She curls up in a ball.....oh why did I opt for cats?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've noticed Pneumo is most cuddly right after he wakes up. He stays in our spare bedroom, and usually if I leave him in there for awhile, he falls asleep. As soon as I go in to see him, he wakes up and a purring mess of fluffy cuddles. I love it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nixie is still shy, but a different cat a night! She just crawls right into bed and cuddles up with me :) Stella on the other hand is very affectionate all the time.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Momma is always cuddly. Sometimes you just have to push her away to get some breathing room lol.

Nilla isn't exactly cuddly, ever. She's a sofa ornament lol. She does enjoy a good head scratch tho.

Mr. Diggs isn't cuddly until bedtime .. then he's all up on me. He is oddly attracted to going to the bathroom with me .. he is entranced with the magic toilet lol.

Gimpy is a snuggle bug, but he doesn't smother like Momma does.

Munky runs hot & cold .. you just never know, and even when she is .. it's not for long and she's up and gone. That cat is never still.

George .. hit or miss. He likes laying in the recliner, so if you aren't in the recliner .. no cuddling lol.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gosh I love how every cat has their own personality and preferences! I'm a first time cat owner so everything about them still amazes me.
I wish I could keep my kitten in the room with me but she gets bouts of energy during the night. She runs around like mad, tugging on the curtains and she wakes the puppy up. She also likes to go on top of the puppy's crate and whack the crap out of her! Vanellope is actually a good cuddler when she sleeps. She likes to sleep under the blankets... which I find strange.

BigLittleSmall: HAHAHAHAHAHA a sofa ornament! I laughed way too hard at that.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mocha LOVED to sleep under blankets. She'd crawl under blankets in the spare rooms to sleep during the day. If you were sitting on a couch with a blanket at night and she had a "barf" upstairs, she'd thump downstairs, under the blanket, right on top of you, and start treading and purring "sorry". At night, as soon as I hit the bed and got comfortable, she'd hop up, trot to the head of the bed (usually stomping on my head in the process) and wait for me to lift the blankets so she could "blankie". She'd tread and purr her jet engine purrs for hours under there...and Lord help anyone who thought they'd turn over and move her blankie!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Without a shadow of a doubt my girls are most cuddly at bedtime.

B.B. will herd me upstairs and take her ear scratchies before she wanders off to her igloo

Sadie will jump up on the bed with me and make several passes of cuddles and little tongue licks (Sadie style kisses) with loads of loud purrs and then she settles by laing on top of my feet. (My feet under the duvet, and she is on top of the duvet)

Belle is the most cuddly. She takes possession of my hand and manipulates it just right so she is kind of straddling it but laying on her side. With her front paws she pushes my hand onto position on her belly. Oh man, it is the softest stuff this side of heaven!
When I slowly move my fingers in a light scratch/ massage type action she states to purr. And just as my fingers stop, right before I drift off, I feel her curl enough to where her chin rests on my finger tips, keeping them close to her belly, and then she tops all of that by gently covering my wrist with her tail.

And there it is my hand warmer but man oh man, what a great warmer it is!

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Cat face, What Precious Cats you have!!
Love your description of the Bedtime rituals!! :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Inky likes to be petted at any time but he doesn't like to be held. He'll walk up on me when I'm in bed and want me to pet him. That can be anywhere from 11:00 at night to 6:00 in the morning. Sometimes a week can go by without that and some nights it's twice. If I'm laying on my side he'll sometimes bat at my leg so I'll turn over on my back.

Patches will walk up on my wife and want her to pet him during the night. He'll purr in her face and bite at her hair if she ignores him.

During the day Patches will sometimes sit on my 21" CRT and watch me while I'm on the computer. Otherwise he can jump into my lap at any time and want to be held and petted. But only while I'm at the computer. He has a loud purr. It will get softer and softer until he falls asleep.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Pazu likes to snuggle at night and on his terms only.
He does follow me in the bathroom because he likes to watch the water swirl after you flush, LOL!!

Little Teddy loved snuggling anywhere you were, even when I was doing the dishes, he would sit next to my feet and lean into my ankles.

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
MowMow always LETS me cuddle and kiss him.. he won't run or fight... but the only time he really initiates a heavy duty cuddle session is very very early mornings. Anywhere from 3-7 is fair game if I'm already in bed and awake enough to worship him properly.

He purrs..drools...ruuuuuubbbbsss against my face/hands, gives me love bites, and it just the squishiest, softest, sweetest monster ever.

Book doesn't cuddle. Ever. The one time he does come for major attention is the bathroom. He jumps up on the counter next to the toilet and begs for neck scratches, then flops over in ecstasy so I can rub (no fingernails allowed, or I get rabbit kicked) his belly very gently. The closest he gets to true cuddling is laying very close while I'm in bed... but if I start touching him he either moves away after a few moments or tries to play.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Well, right now it's early days for Mystique and especially Sunny, but my older girl Penny doesn't cuddle either. At all. She saved all her cuddling for my Punky boy, who we lost in October.

Mystique is the most loveable early in the morning like your MowMow and although she doesn't cuddle, she comes into the bedroom and chirps away to me while purring up a storm - she purrs so hard she nearly chokes herself lol. She stands up on the bed and peers over the side at me, and will use a paw to 'fish' my hand or arm over to her. When I get up she is ecstatic and will flop down for a pat and scratch session. I am even being allowed to rub the royal belly. She has really come a long way since we had the trauma of the me locking her in the bedroom when the electrician was in the house. She still isn't overly comfortable with being picked up and held while I'm standing upright, but I can come along behind her and pick her up just a bit off the floor and smooch on her back and she never stops purring. :luv

Sunny has only been with us a week, so although he is a love and settles right down in your lap any time you put him there he still is a little hesitant to initiate things himself. I think he just doesn't know us well enough yet.

·
Registered
362 Posts
When I had Nubey, and if I was home, he would cuddle with me almost constantly. Sometimes I'd be in the middle of doing something on my computer like I am now, and out of nowhere, he'd jump on my bed, and chirp at me to pet him. He was ALWAYS in the mood for cuddles, and it didn't matter what time it was. His "kneading" actually made me fall asleep once.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts