Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only does Linus (my cat) have ringworm and mites, but I think my 2 year old son has swallowed some magnets. I'm flipping out. Ahhhhh! Too much stress!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He got the magnet book yesterday for Christmas. We caught him choking on some later on that day and threw the book away. There are 9 pieces out of 29 missing. I called a nurse and she said to just keep an eye on his stools but I'm worried. Don't magnets cause internal damage in children?

·
Banned
439 Posts
generally if you swallow 2 or more hobby magnets, there is a danger they can try to stick to each other through the intestine wall and cause damage as the bowl tries to move in different directions. however, book magnets are so weak that I doubt it's an issue. I would still get a second opinion after precisely describing the magnets to a medical professional.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Goodness :(
I hope everything is okay with your son, and that your cat and husband are soon over the ringworm :(
Sending healing and peaceful thoughts your way.

·
Super Moderator
26,519 Posts
But think of the money you could have saved on babysitters - just stick him on the fridge! :D

Seriously, I'm glad it was good news. You really have been hit lately, hopefully the bad luck storm is over!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeanie said:
The book should have been marked for the appropriate age. We can never buy a smAll child anything with pieces small enough to swallow. This could have been a tragedy. Thank God it wasn't! 8O
Santa was VERY stupid this year.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
But think of the money you could have saved on babysitters - just stick him on the fridge!
Marie..............SERIOUSLY........I just spewed soda on the computer screen!

asecretchord, I'm very releaved for you that nothing happened. It could have been a bad situation. Things just happen sometimes, don't they! Hoping things turn around for you soon! :patback

1 - 12 of 12 Posts