Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly do you say?
How specific do you get?
And do you refrain from saying it's for your pets?

What do YOU write in your ads?

I'm up in Canada and doing a search of CL is not pulling up anything for me. Tips?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I am in Canada as well (London, Ontario).

I put somehting along the lines of: My cats/dogs are allergic to storebought food, and I must make their own for their health. I need unseasoned, uncooked, unbreaded meats (old, freezer burnt, anything!) to help me do so. Must be frozen at the time of pickup. (Dogs/Cats name) thanks you for your help!

Then always include a picture. ;)

Another rawfeeder helped by posting this once, and I've always had good luck with it.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding.

And when they say old, do they mean expired? Can you feed expired meat or just throw them out?

·
Banned
2,746 Posts
Here's my copy:

My dog is allergic to most commercial foods and eats raw meat. I will take your old, freezer-burned meat off your hands!

Venison (deer meat) is best, but I can take chicken (including bone-in), pork, beef, etc.!Anything that is uncooked and minimally processed is great (no lunch meats, sausage, etc.).

Thanks for your help!

I include a cute pic of my dog Sam, who has the cute thang goin' on. I chose him to be "allergic" b/c he's extra cute and more people are dog people than cat people. ;)

RE: Expired -- as long as it's frozen it doesn't matter. SOME nutrient loss occurs w/ long freezing, but not that much. If you are feeding ONLY long-frozen meat I might worry, but if it's just a part of the diet, no need to be concerned!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts