Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When should I start taking the litter tray away so that my cat goes outside? She has only been going outside for about 3 days now but I don't want to her begin to get lazy and just go inside instead of having to go outside.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't. It sounds like she's indoor/outdoor. When she is inside, it's better that she have an appropriate place to eliminate. As an examle:

You remove the litterbox.
There is a brutal cold snap/prolonged torrential rain/etc.
You are forced to keep her inside only for several days.
No litter box = now what. Either you find youself having to retrain her or she's forced to go somewhere you don't want her going.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't. It sounds like she's indoor/outdoor. When she is inside, it's better that she have an appropriate place to eliminate. As an examle:

You remove the litterbox.
There is a brutal cold snap/prolonged torrential rain/etc.
You are forced to keep her inside only for several days.
No litter box = now what. Either you find youself having to retrain her or she's forced to go somewhere you don't want her going.

And she shouldn't get lazy. My aunt/cousins' cat only needed the box cleaned weekly and my old cat only needed it cleaned when for XY or Z reason he wasn't allowed out compared to my nephew's indoor only cat that requires daily scooping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts