Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our cat threw up yesterday morning. I wasn't there to see, so I'm not sure if she was just gagging on a hairball or what. My SO said the vomit was watery with some of her food. I gave her some hairball medicine yesterday when I got home, since she hadn't had some for a while.

She is indoors only. Her energy level is normal. She's eating fine. Today she seems to be drinking more water than normal, but I could just be paranoid. The only thing different about her schedule is that we had her kenneled for 6 days (vacation) and just picked her up on Wednesday. She hasn't vomited since yesterday.

A call to the vet will just be "keep an eye on her and bring her in if you're concerned" (we call them a lot! LOL). I'm just wondering if I'm being paranoid, or if this just sounds like normal kitty behavior? Our other cat died last year after getting into a flower arrangement, so I'm a bit paranoid about kidney failure.

·
Super Moderator
26,809 Posts
Since her energy level and eating is fine, I think it may have been stress. And the extra drinking may be because of a little dehydration from throwing up. But if she's still drinking more than "normal" tomorrow, I'd bring her to the vet on Monday.

She also could have thrown up from eating too fast, being excited you were home, etc., etc.

·
Super Moderator
26,809 Posts
How is she doing today?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pineapple it could be a hairball due to l just went thow is with cutie. keep an eye on her/him and if he/she is not eating, drinking, playing and using the littler box also if he/she is not there normal cat self then l would say he/she needs to go to the vet asap.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I didn't get back to this thread. I totally forgot about it. Pineapple seems like she is doing fine now. She had lost some weight, and we did a vet check and bloodwork at the end of last month, but she seems to be doing fine now. :) I think she was just stressed and took awhile to recover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts