Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does your cat do? I am not sick but my sister is. Yoda is my little sisters cat and she will not leave her side(except to eat and go potty). My sister is running a 103 degree temp and has been well very sick. I got a picture of Yoda and Her sleeping together on the couch. I know when I am sick usually my dogs are around me but Dice will lay on top of the couch and will sleep on my arm even for a little bit. My family members say I am weird that I let them all around me but I like it for some odd reason.

Here is the pic.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Missy paid extra attention to me when I was unwell, some maybe two months ago. During the night it was almost as if she frequently checked to see if I was still breathing. Companion animals are wonderful.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The first time I got sick after adopting Moxie she really did seem concerned about me. She stayed on my lap all day while I was napping in my chair, and then slept with me all night. It's not unusual for her to spend a few hours on my lap, or to sleep with me for part of the night, but she's never spent so much time glued directly to my side. And when I was going up the stairs to bed that night she stayed directly beside me on the stairs the whole way up, which she's never done before or since. She usually races up ahead of me or crouches at the bottom and then runs up behind me. It seemed pretty obvious to me that she could tell I was under the weather and was acting more attentive because of it.

That picture of Yoda and your sister is just so sweet. I don't think it's weird to like having your animals around you when you're sick. I found it really comforting.

I hope your sister feels better soon!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sylvester used to sit on me or next to me on the couch, more than usual, whenever I was sick. Callie and Puffy couldn't care less. LOL

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think many cats know when their humans are sick, and like a good mommy, pay extra attention to them. You're not at all "weird", just kind and sensitve.
And I think the reverse is true. When Ritz is sick, she sleeps a lot on my lap all of the time, and I pay extra loving attention to her too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts