Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed that I was given a single serving sample of Primal's "Freeze Dried Formula" (Chicken and Salmon).

How does this form of cat food compare in price and nutrition to a high quality tinned food (for example our cats usually get "Hounds and Gatos" and or "Go!" and or "Taste of the Wild").

Do some members on CF use only freeze dried food such as that produced by Primal?

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
When re-hydrated it's a step above canned (because it's raw) but below frozen/fresh raw because the freeze drying process does destroy some nutrients. It's a really expensive choice...one of those little packets goes for close to $2 and it makes less than 3 oz when water is added.

I think it's more often used dry as a topper to entice finicky cats to eat canned. Or by raw feeders who need to travel with their pet and can't take fresh/frozen along. Or as a treat to get some raw in a cat's diet.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I feed Raw and use Ziwi Peak dehydrated raw for treats and clicker training. Very handy!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Definitely a pricey way to feed. The 12oz bags of Stella and Chewy's retail for $24.99 and is about a week's worth of food while a 5lb chub of raw from our local farm retails for $14.99 and is almost three weeks worth of food.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts