• dogs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well thats a big question cats are more independent and do what they want and dogs are very obediant and know voice commands. I say dogs because they hunt in packs, be social and know what your commands are after taught to them. My cats only know hungry and want to go out. Maybe cats are smarter because they think they dont have to listen to you and still get whatever they want. Dogs do the tricks to get treats but i could never train a cat to sit using the treat method. Its tough but dogs edge cats out on intellect. I think everyone else is gonna say cats but if i went to the dog forum theyd say dogs so its opinion i think.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
It is impossible to compare - they are both useful in different ways.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think Dogs are better at doing what we want them too, but Cats are far more intelligant.

Case in point. You know that sound a can of cat food makes when you open it? Well the cat won't come when you call it, it is far to lazy to do that, but just open a can of cat food and watch'em come a runnin.

With a dog you have several come to me commands. With a cat it is as simple as opening a can of cat food or yelling Kitty Kitty Kitty several times while standing in the kitchen.

Besides dogs tend to chew up key boards while cats simply lay on them. (Don't they find that uncomfortable?)

A cat, namely mine, will out of boardom walts over to the neighbors house, climb the fence, and sit there licking her paw while the neighbors dogs bark at her. She loves to tease them. And if they ever get out, well she can out climb them too.

With a dog, a game of tease usually results in a trip the emergancy room. With a cat, a game of tease the Kitty normally only results in some good laughs and a bandaid or two.

Cats will bring you presents, while dogs leave them for you to mind while walking in the grass. ("What the heck is that smell?" as you track dog poodooo into the house.)

Cats love to hide while dogs love to be under foot.

Cats are lower maitnenane while dogs require a lot.

Cats are very loyal to many poeple while a dog is normally loyal to only one.

Cats own the world, train their people, and always land on their feet, dogs don't.

I love dogs, but i wouldn't want one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
:) Thanks for point that out. :) Having a cat for so long I tend to forget these things. She flirts with any one who will let her sit in their lap.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Seitcorta says:

With a dog, a game of tease usually results in a trip the emergancy room. With a cat, a game of tease the Kitty normally only results in some good laughs and a bandaid or two.

That's a little far fetched don't you think??? :? I like both cats and dogs but can a cat shake hands (paws)? Can cats be used for search and rescue? I would have to say my opinion falls with the dogs being smarter... :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dogs can be very smart, they are very trainable, but cats are very smart all on their own. I voted for the cat. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I didn't assume you meant dogs were dumb lol 8) , Just that you can play tease dogs and they dont' always bite or anything.. And I have seen some cats you dont' want to tease cuz they are CrAzY!!! All in all I feel both are smart in their own way.....

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I didn't vote either. Everything I have read and heard indicates that they are about equal in intelligence, but that cats are independent and therefore, difficult to train. I hope I can always have both a cat and a dog. (I'll go read that article now.)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
You can't compare the two because they're different animals...completely. They remember things differently. A cat will remember things that are important to it. A cat can be trained, but not in the same way a dog can be trained.

And then you get into the issues of different cats and different dogs. They each have their own personality and smarts.

My Sabby is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he still outsmarted my cocker spaniel, Leah. At the same time, Leah would protect the house. Sabby would probably just rub up against a burglar's legs and purr at him.

They're different. Neither one better than the other, but each with their good points.

I hope to get a dog when I buy a house. I found a greyhound rescue near here and would love to get one of them.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I don't think you're going to get many unbiased opinions on a cat forum, lol.

In my honest opinon, cats and dogs are equally smart in very different ways.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts