Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well

there's really 2 questions here
which ancestrial (sorry cant spell) big cat does your cat remind you off?
which does he more act like? the lion perhaps? the tiger even?
or the leopard? (so which big cat does your cat remind you of)

and the second one
which big cat do you think is most like our demestic cat! (in general)

here is my thoughts

that on general they are like the panther!
because they are lone hunters and they hunt at night.....and they are really a leopard but have been bred to be black! so like our cats they just have different colors!
i dunno just a theory me thinking dont diss me but i'd like to hear your opinon!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Which big cat does your cat remind you of?

Jimmy reminds me of a lion. Mainly because he has a big 'ruff' which looks like a lions mane. And when he's walking he looks very dignified and haughty (mark you, when he's running about he just looks mad!)
And he's very demanding for his food. He doesn't try to rub round you and beg for food, he just meows loudly as though he's annoyed - he seems to think I am one of the females in his pride, who should provide for him :lol:
As for your second question - I'd never really thought about it. But your panther suggestion is a good one.

seashell

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well, my cat (that is not here anymore) was tabby. She really reminded me of a tiger :lol: She was quite a thin cat, but very muscly looking. The way she walked along was so much like a tiger. And her markings too, reminded me of a tiger.

At the moment i have a tortoise shell. She doesnt actually remind me of any big cat. :lol: We think of her as bear like :lol: . She is so big and fluffy

This was Lucy. I never really thought about it, but looking at her in this picture, she reminds me of a cheetah on her stomach area, and tiger on her arms.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Becky radar and hawkeye remind me of tigers with because of their colour and markings, Willow Reminds me of a jaguar just the way she walks and the way she moves in general

·
Registered
821 Posts
My boys actually don't remind me of any other cat in the cat family. However, Maleke reminds us of a monkey, he's so long and gangley and flexible. Magic looks like a Kodiak Bear (we call him Kodiak as a nickname...haha) because he has really plush black fur and he's a lot bigger boned than Maleke, which makes him look big!

Maleke is 10 months and Magic is 7 months and they are the same size. Haha. I think Magic will eventually bi-pass Maleke!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Heh...Sabby doesn't remind me of a big cat. He reminds me of an elephant. He's frickin' huge! Yesterday, he started at the far end of the hallway and came galloping into the living room and nearly ran straight into the sliding glass door. I guess he thought it was open.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
at the moment although mine is still a kitten he reminds me of a lion always rubbing against my feet and has the sort of lion colors

·
Registered
26 Posts
Harley is a lion, he is just a big orange lion! He's always looked like a lion to me. Max is a lion too!
Ginger is a Cheetah! Very fast, and very talkative.
Bastet is very regal, she's a panther!
I don't know about the rest, but that's what I can come up with off the top of my head.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
My little Mia reminds me of a snow leopard because of her colors, and her poofy tail.

I have no idea what Jack reminds me off -- and it's hard to capture with a photo, but he's so dark with these dark outlines around his eyes, and his eyes are a beautiful copper color. So maybe a panther. He acts like whatever cat can jump up 4 feet in the air over and over and over again. lol.

And I think that this is the cat that is most like our domestic cat - an african wildcat. You'll be able to tell from the picture and caption why I think so. ;)

http://maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm

G

·
0 Posts
Sheba doesn't really remind me of any cat in particular. Snickers reminds me of male lion since he's pretty lazy except for when he's stalking my Rottie. It's pretty funny to tell the cat to quit chasing the dog!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
ad_adrian said:
for jazz yours does remind me of a snow leapord well done i see likeness there
Thanks -- I thought so! Here are some pics of snow leopards. They have a yard long tail! Mia and Jack's tails are both abnormally long and fluffy for DSHs as well. Funny.

I love this closeup -- I swear Mia gives me this SAME look all the time! She's like a litte miniature of this cat, right down to the "eyeliner" and pink nose outlined in black. Adorable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts