Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys....sometimes i take m cat outside with a leash on and he just sits there on the gorund or flips around on the ground...but besides that he is an indoor cat...and he'll sometimes start whining when we are by the door...i think he thinks this is an all the time thinbg which i dont want him getting used too...hes perfectly fine indoors though...plays a lot and everything...he just wants gto go outside andflip on the ground i guess... :? do you guys have this problem with your indoor cats? he does look outside though throguh the balcony and stuff... is thee anytihng i should do or is this normal?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I'm afraid you may have created a monster! Once cats get a taste of the outdoors, they often want to be out all the time. Better, perhaps, never to let them out at all, so they don't know what they're missing.

Be very careful with him, since he has the potential to become a door-runner! Might want to have him microchipped just in case he gets loose.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhh! ...thanks..im not ognna let him out anymore...he can look outside through either of our balcony doors which he halways has done ....its weird though because the last time i took him outside he got scared of something and ran all the way to our door and inside ...we have other tenants so he kept passing bytheir doors until he reached ours and sotpped to go inside .. :) thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I think that once he realizes that you won't let him out anymore he will eventually stop the whining. I may just take a while for it to set in.

·
Registered
637 Posts
That's all my Peekaboo wanted to do was roll around on the pavement. Now he waits for the slider to open and bolts. Wish I hadn't taken him outside. Now the new kitten runs the other way. Yay. No more leashes and outdoor jaunts for her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts