Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my pair is doing great on raw. They are enjoying their already cut meat.
I had some questions on raw whole prey. I saw that mice, rats, quail, rabbits..etc were good.
What size rats/mice would I feed? My cats are adults, one is 10 lbs the other we are still trying to put weight on.
I can get lots of feeders from reptile vendors for a pretty good price.
Also my friend had given me several large and medium rats. Would I have to cut them up to divide between the two or are they an okay size?
What do you guys feed(as in whole prey)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a few probably stupid questions. I used to feed raw to my dog, but it was a lot to manage. Would it be a nutritionally complete diet for a cat to ONLY be fed whole prey items? I have a snake, and thus am used to the whole ordering frozen prey items thing. I am just kicking ideas around as I have an adult cat and two new baby kittens that we are bottle raising. They were abandoned by their mother, one of my ferals.

Anyway, I am looking for a diet that would be easy and acceptable for both the adult and the kittens. I have easy access to gerbils, mice, rats, guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, and baby chickens through frozen suppliers. What, if any of this is acceptable? And I was reading that crickets can be added to the diet, What about Blaptica Dubia Roaches? I hate crickets, and have a colony of the dubias to feed my two bearded dragons.

Sorry to pirate away your thread.

·
Registered
262 Posts
So I gave kyra a pink. No interest. So I cut it up(eeh... ) and still nothing. I put a tiiiiiny bit of a stinkey treat crushed up in the bowl with a little water too(she looooves the gravy from canned food lol) STILL nothing. So after about ten minutes I gave up and gave it to my dog. I am not going to let her have a kibble buffet though. I'll try another pink a little later. Any other suggestions? She used to love raw chicken and beef and stuff(was feeding dog raw, she got some scraps, too) so I thought this would be a little easier... :?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts