Cat Forum banner

Who'se your favorite CLASSIC Universal monster?

• Dracula

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Frankenstein

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • The Wolf Man

• The Creature From The Black Lagoon

• The Mummy

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Hahaha I watched them as a kid....still do if I'm station searching. Its funny now I love it for all the "special effects" hahaha we've come a long way. Godzilla was the good monster :)

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Hmmmm....not sure if "The Blob" qualifies,
but when I first saw it, when I was little, it scared me!
Years later, I laughed my head off watching it!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Hmmmm....not sure if "The Blob" qualifies,
but when I first saw it, when I was little, it scared me!
Years later, I laughed my head off watching it!!! ;)
Not sure what version I saw, but all I remember in that movie was a young kitten on a stairwell that almost get killed by the blob,,,,but whew! She just got a lil blob guts on her hahaha

·
Premium Member
3,537 Posts
I like them all, however, mummies have always being dear to my heart. They always scared the heck out of me because I knew there were real mummies. I would never miss a documentary or a movie that was on TV when I was little. Years ago, I went to a museum in Denver and little did I know there was an Egyptian travelling exhibit. There were mummies on display! I was so happy to actually see one in real life and to learn how they were preserved, etc. it was awesome!

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I like them all, however, mummies have always being dear to my heart. They always scared the heck out of me because I knew there were real mummies. I would never miss a documentary or a movie that was on TV when I was little. Years ago, I went to a museum in Denver and little did I know there was an Egyptian travelling exhibit. There were mummies on display! I was so happy to actually see one in real life and to learn how they were preserved, etc. it was awesome!
Have you ever read Anne Rice's The Mummy?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great poll!
I have to go for Frankenstein for my #1. I like the idea of a horror story that is a tragedy created by a man who wanted to push his earthly limits. Something about a soul being reanimated into a body without having asked for it, touches me. Unconsented life after death at the hands of man and science is one of the scariest things I can think of. A true horror! I relate with the poor tortured soul and the scientist. I love the drama of it all.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone remember the 89s video game where you were the monster? You could play as King Kong,Godzilla,and a few others. Basically,you knocked down buildings and fought off jet fighters!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts