Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

Who's your favourite singer? Mine's Katy Perry, J-LO, and Britney Spears.:cool
Other singers but too many to type;)

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Britney spears isn't a singer....

Amy Winehouse was a great singer, but no one in that list comes close to MJ.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Britney Spears IS a singer. She makes up songs, and sings them. What I would call, a singer.

Btw; I am so sorry there isn't an 'other' option:( You can just type it and post it I guess.

·
Super Moderator
26,808 Posts
BS is a lipsyncer. I've seen clips of her recent concerts and she just goes through the motions, doesn't even try to dance anymore. Stick a fork in her, she's done.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I know people who sing in pubs that are 100 times the singer she claims to be. She's successful, or at least was, because she was kinda hot in a weird way, and had an extremely pushy mother.

·
Registered
117 Posts
And who the heck is Ke$ha? Is that her legal name? If so, I want to change my name from Lauren to Lauren! (with an exclamation point).

·
Registered
316 Posts
Loreena Mckennet
I love you, will you marry me?

.... Sorry, that is my automatic reaction to anyone who lists her as a favorite singer. About 99.9 % of the time I mention her as my favorite, people go 'who?', so I have learned to appreciate it when other people bring her up first.

So yeah. I was going to list her as my fav too. :D

As for the actual options...

Ke$ha doesn't sing. She speaks to a beat.

Darnit, I am going to have to vote Michael Jackson, aren't I? He's the only one I listen to on here. I grew up with BS (oddly appropriate initials), but never liked her stuff, and I do listen to a couple Perry songs (ET IS A MUST FOR GIRL GEEKS, OK?!? *Shrinks in shame*) but although I respect her business savvy, I see them more as brilliant marketers rather than singers. Same with GaGa. Though they both have pretty great voices.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Savannah is a really good singer. Due to this I am exposed to many types. Neither of us are big on the current pop stars. Too much glam and not enough talent for my taste. I will add links in case some of the younger folks aren't familiar with who I like :wink

One extremely talented singer is Evanescence. I know many don't like her and I was surprised I did. Savannah LOVES her. I like the fact she vows never to wear skimpy stipper clothes on stage. She wants to be known for her talent and not her chest. Having a young girl who loves music, this is a huge plus for me.

Nothing beats Billie Holiday when it comes to sultry singers.
Nothing. Ever.
Run a bubble bath, throw in a Billie Holiday CD and nothing is better. Climb out, throw that bath robe on and brush out your hair. Pour a glass of wine, sway a bit to the tunes, climb into bed and LIGHTS OUT! Nothing can relax you more then her voice :p

I also like Pat Benatar. Savannah does too so Its not an old thing :wink
She has an incredible vocal range.

Christina Aguilera has an incredible voice. I don't care for her glam publicity stunts but if you ever hear her sing unplugged .. that woman can sing! Here she is at 11. The talent it takes for an 11 year old to have such a deep soul voice... incredible.

The best current vocal singer in the entire world (IMO) is Lisa Kelly of Celtic Women. Who needs hoochie mama publicity when you have pipes like her!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I should have mentioned Savannah. My daughter is my favorite singer :wink

Here she is singing "The Voice" She just started working on it and I recorded it using my computer mic. Don't hold the technical difficulties against her :wink

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Praline, I think Savannah has a lovely voice! :love2

My favorite singer, is most likely no one elses on this forum, heh. His name is Gackt and he's a Japanese J-Pop singer. His voice makes me melt, and his looks...well lets just say they aren't bad either. ;) Here's two of my favorite songs by him:

Mizerable:

Fragrance:

For the poll, I voted MJ...none of the others even come close. :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
My favourites depend on what I'm doing. Occasionally these cross category, but it's pretty rare. I'm a creature of habit.

Long drive in the country? Likely something big band or classical.

Housework or crafty stuff? Show tunes, Colm Wilkinson, Elaine Paige, Lea Salonga, Michael Ball.

Traveling or commuting? This is where it gets bizarre. MJ, Westlife, NKOTBSB (and their precursors!) N'Sync, Michelle Tumes, Jaci Valasquez, Garth Brooks, Katy Perry, Sam Tsui, 80's super ballads, Kelly Clarkson, and a bit of Aerosmith. Particularly if I'm driving long distance I like something I can sing along and car-dance to. I find it keeps me most alert.

Ultimately pretty much anything I can belt out along with whatever is playing. I chose MJ for the poll since I know a fair amount of his stuff.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Another that I occasionally listen to is Nightwish. They appeal to my need to be able to sing along plus they often have show tunes and they have a good edge to their sound.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts