Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 8 yr old neutered Male cat and lately he has been peeing and pooping everywhere. I also, have a 9 yr old female cat that has always acted like his mother but lately my male cat has been beating up on her a lot in the last week. When he was a kitten this happened often, but I'm talking 7 yrs ago, now all of a sudden it is a constant fight. Hair balls everywhere. When I started to hear the cats fighting I decided to split them up, well my Male cat has been pooping and peeing all over my basement. I have no idea what is going on in his little head. I even put the dog in a down stay yesterday and brought up the male cat for an hour and he still pooped on the rug this morning. I have had him tested and treated for Crystals and he is fine, I think he is pissed off at me and is taking it out on my female cat. Is there anything I can do? My husband is at his wits end, I need some advice, please.

Just a little back round on my cats. I have had both cats since they were kittens, my male cat is mister Personality and my female is very skittish. Both my cats love one another, although my female cat can be a bit touchy. I moved into a House 3 yrs ago, and right away I got a dog. Well both the cats were afraid of the puppy and decided to stay down stairs in my basement. I live in a split-level so the basement is finished. My dog has been trained not to go down and the cats won’t come up. This has been this way for 3 yrs. I make sure I go down everyday and sit with my cat’s groom them and clean their litter daily, so they don’t feel left out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts