Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are cats with a particular color so popular..

I mean, Orange cats are SO popular, same with grey, and brown and black..

·
Registered
220 Posts
I remember living in central Calif, about 4 years ago, a lumber yard had a an orange tabby who had orange kittens. Needless to say they didn't last long, as their customers came and took them. I do not know why people like orange cats- they just do. Just as some folks do not like black cats. In fact, our local shelter does not adopt out any black cats during and before Halloween because of the mistreatment of some black cats in the past. :(

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I think different colors are more or less popular depending on the breed. In Sweden orange moggies with white markings are popular. But when it comes to Devon Rex, white cats and pointed cats are the most popular colors, blue is popular in Norweigan Forest Cats, Black Silver Tabbies are popular when it comes to European Shorthair etc. I don't think it's strange at all, some type of cats look better in some specific colors.

Personally I think that the white colors brings the Devon Rex specific traits to justice like no other color.

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
I LOVE ANY KIND OF KITTY! :lol: We've had tux's, tortisis, orange ones, tabby ones, gray ones...basically just the typical domestic kind but i like them all!!

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Any cats, mine are all mixtures, i have 2 very orange in colour torties, one very black tortie both short hair, one black short hair and one black meduim hair. I dont have any in particular i prefer tho...

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Honestly, I didn't notice they were so popular. I thought everyone had them because they were a common color.

I love any kind of cat, but I'm a sucker for a pointed one.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Guess what kind I like! Of course I love Siamese, but I must be boring everyone, considering how many times I have posted that I have always had a black cat and a white cat. What I have always wanted is a tuxedo cat and a black cat with white paws. Black cats are so beautiful! My white cats were beautiful, too, especially Creampuff with her blue eyes, but I had black cats as a child and ever since I got married. I'm sure there will be another one! They find me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Orange cats (though my personal preference :wink:) aren't particularly popular around here.. we rescued a litter of kittens two years ago (three orange, one orange / white, and one black / white), and nobody was interested in adopting the orange kitties- they *all* wanted the black / white kitten. (So, between my family, we ended up keeping them all.. their loss, lol. :wink:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts