Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often wonder why Ivan chews and licks my hair if he gets half the chance. Is is because they are grooming us or they simply like it?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I hope that's the case, too. Snowball has a new habit, just started last week. She jumps from the kitchen counter onto my shoulders. Then she nuzzles each side of my cheeks and ears, then she tugs on my hair several times. If that ain't affection, I don't know what is--and it works!! I'd be in heaven, if it weren't for the fact her claws are sharp and untrimmed, especially the back ones, and they dig into my neck when she shifts. Since she is not eating my hair or pulling it too hard, I am assuming she is just being affectionate with me. I have no clue what has brought this on, but I'm not complaining!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Abby often sits on the back of my chair behind my head and will stroke my hair, or sometimes she just taps me on the head or shoulder as if to say "hi". I think it's sweet!

·
Registered
328 Posts
My cats don't stroke my hair, but when I pick Spencer up he always starts chewing my hair. But then again, Spencer chews on most things he finds, so that's no surprise...

They also both bat at my hair if I lean over them and it starts hanging down. At that point, they think it's a toy..

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Murphy often takes big bites of my hair, and I think it's just that hair looks like strings to them. That opens the question of why they're into stringy things, but I do think that's it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts