Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
because my siamese cat gets angry when she knows she will take a bath and when i took her in the bathroom she runs out..away the bathroom then when my maid mad at her she is quiet already it seems she understands what my maid said to my cat? cats also understand what are you saying about? i think they can understand.... :lol: 8) :shock: :D :( :eek: :) :p (",)

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
woah size down that font!!!

cats naturally dont like water- i think there are only 1 or 2 breeds who are happy in water. hence her un happyness of a bath.

(altho there r some cats out there i guess who like water anyway)

·
Banned
60 Posts
They definitely understand.

I always catch mine by surprise and then make the bath warm and quick. They get a nice food treat after that, and realise soonafter bathtime isn't quite so bad after all because now, my kitties just sit quietly and wait till its over. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
We make sure to have a fun play session right after bathtime. I am suprised how calm and collected Peanut is during her bath!

How often are you bathing your cats? They don't need it very often. We just washed her b/c after she came home from her spay she was kinda mangy.

·
Banned
60 Posts
12 year old Boy gets bathed once in a few months. He's usually fastidious about cleaning so he usually smells lovely.

11-month old Buffy and Tux about once a month or two months.

3.5 month old Sam and Ka about once a fortnight (used to be once a week when they didn't wash their own bums a lot) or a month, depending on how they smell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi i have a kitten and it scratches me and trys so hard to get out when i give it a bath

whats the best way to get my cat used to this??

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bathing a cat is generally un-necessary unless they get into something that they can't or won't lick off. If you have a flea problem, then it is best to bathe them especially if they are yet a kitten. I do not know about the others on this forum, but when I talk to my cats, they do seem to understand. Most cats do not like water on their coats. However there are few breeds that do not mind it. (Turkish Van, for example) And a Siamese definitely does not like to be wet. If you find it necessary to bathe your cat, make sure that the water temperature is about the same as theirs -about 103 deg. F ,or about 40 deg. C.

About 2 months ago, I left a bottle of detergent open on my bathtub. One of my cats knocked it over on to the floor. Needless to say, I had detergent all over the floor. Then one of my kittens (Moon Shadow) got into it. He had detergent all over his coat. I tried to wash it out, but there was too much of it. Finally, I took a wet cloth a few times a day and got most of it off of him. However, he began to pull out his fur, where there were concentrations of detergent still on his coat. He is OK now, but I watch any kind of soap-detergent to make sure that it is capped. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts