Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have bamboo floors in half the house, so i got some faux fur pads/mats so they might be more comfortable instead of sitting on the hard and probably cold floor. Squeek will actually step AROUND or jump over the pad and avoid touching it altogether! Scary pad!

they also slip and slide on that floor when they run and play, but I digress...

I also have embroidered silk duvet cover on the bed that I got in India. the embroidery is easily pulled out, and when we first got them and Lickorish's claws were so incredibly long and curled under she got snagged on any fabric or carpet she came close to (she also got it caught in a door hinge, had to wait for her to trust me so I could trim them), so I spread out a fleece throw over the duvet. They'll push the throw aside from the edge or find some little spot I missed to curl up in. When I fold the duvet down at night when its too warm to use it, they sleep on it at the foot of the bed, won't come up to the blanket area where I am. They love to lay on that silk.

they're just strange mysterious creatures. Wonder whats going on in those little kitty cat heads of theirs! :?

·
Registered
716 Posts
some cats prefer slippery hard surfaces, banjo's favorite nap spots are the bathroom floor, the kitchen floor, and the kitchen chairs. I like to pick him up and put him on a blanket next to me, where he will knead it and purr for a bit, but then runs off and lays down on the floor. i bet they wonder why humans do some of the things we do as well :)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Cats are strange creatures indeed. My two just sit in the middle of nowhere sometimes where I would think it's uncomfortable like the hardwood flooring instead of the carpeting. Miu especially likes to lie down in the middle of nowhere for no reason. It's funny and odd at the same time.

Sometimes I wish either of them would sit in my lap, but if I try to put Miu in my lap, she just scampers off wildly to chase imaginary butterflies or something. She's weird.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Mine do this as well. I have tons of beds and pillows and soft blankets everywhere for the cats and I'll walk by and find MowMOw laying on the floor.

I always scoop him up and tell him that he's a BED kitty...not a floor kitty and deposit him on a blanket/bed. :p

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
To get Samantha to lie on a pillow all I'd have to do was stuff it inside a plastic gro0cery bag, she also like lying on newspaper.

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
...because they can :kittyturn

I buy things that I am sure will be a absolute hit with the kids and they just ignore them, but if a piece of paper hits the floor it becomes an immediate bed. Silly kitties.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Smokey loved to lay on empty pizza boxes. I think he must have communicated to Momo from the Rainbow Bridge, because now she will lay on empty pizza boxes...though she tried to lay down on a Little Caesar's pizza box that had a freshly made pizza inside. I certainly didn't want to be scraping melted mozzarella off the top of the box. Silly girl.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I buy things that I am sure will be a absolute hit with the kids and they just ignore them, but if a piece of paper hits the floor it becomes an immediate bed. Silly kitties.
Zenobi used to love lying on paper. I put a tabloid sized piece of an adverising flyer under a side table for her. She didn't want it there and manipulated it into the center of the room.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The ragdoll flop. Likely to happen anywhere, but mostly commonly occurs on anything as white as he is. Including (but not limited to):

white bath rugs
white piece of paper
random white bed sheet
white towel
white napkin
the head of a white push pin
and anything else if nothing white can be found

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This morning Squeek sat on a reusable grocery bag while waiting for her breakfast! Still ignoring the nice furry mat!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Milkys loves sitting on all parts of our cold, wooden floor. We always have to pick him up and put him on towels we've laid out around the apt. He never lies on the towels himself though...

This is a bit off topic, but he thoroughly enjoys diving behind the tv set into a bunch of tangled cables which ticks us off!!!

If I want them to sit somewhere. All I do is tell them they can't have it, they then sit on it.
I need to start using this advice. Do you think it will have a negative effect on him though?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I laughed so hard one day- one of my cats looooved paper and besides playing with it, she loved to sit on it. We'd usually see her sitting on newspaper or copy paper, but one day, she was sitting on the kitchen floor and she got up and we saw that she'd been sitting on a post-it. HAHAHA. It was like she didn't care that it was so much tinier than her body. She just wanted to sit on it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ginfis loves to sit or sleep on our cold floor, or in the sink or int the bathtub!
I tought that it is a little bit strange but after reading this post I see that I have completelly normal kitty :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Oh yeah- my cat likes to sit in the sink sometimes, too. And my dad has a piece of electronic equipment in the basement (I'm not sure what it is) that's on all the time so it's always warm, and we find her sitting on it a lot in the winter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
we bought Mouse a cat bed... does she use it? Nope, not on your nelly. she'll lie on our bed or even on Jake, the dogs bed but hasn't even looked at her own bed. Jake has tested out her bed and thought it was fine!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I laughed so hard one day- one of my cats looooved paper and besides playing with it, she loved to sit on it. We'd usually see her sitting on newspaper or copy paper, but one day, she was sitting on the kitchen floor and she got up and we saw that she'd been sitting on a post-it. HAHAHA. It was like she didn't care that it was so much tinier than her body. She just wanted to sit on it.
Haha! Omg that is too funny. My mom has a HUGE Norwegian Forest cat, he has a very large body type and is a bit overweight, and his massive amount of fur makes him look twice as big.. well he loves to sit inside anything remotely box-like. One day someone left a tiny plastic tupperware container on the floor, like the size of a sandwich. He stuck his two front paws in it with the rest of his chubby fluffy body oozing over and all around it. He was so content and happy, living in total denial of the fact that he didn't fit in the box.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts